Senior Public Affairs Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity in the public affairs team for a bright, driven senior public affairs manager. In this role you will develop and implement a public affairs strategy to manage political risk and drive commercial value for Centrica.
- Develop and deliver public affairs strategies and plans; and monitor and analyse political and public policy developments
- Advise on Centrica’s response to public policy developments and lead on responding to government and political party consultations, and informal requests for information
- Prepare high-quality communications materials including internal and external messaging documents, collateral, presentations and briefings
- Manage and advise on external stakeholder programmes including for senior business leaders
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders inside and outside Corporate Affairs (eg Regulatory Affairs, HR, Internal Comms and others) to ensure communications are aligned and integrated
- Devising and managing events designed to enhance Centrica’s reputation
- Manage operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Ensure information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records
- Political acumen and strong working knowledge of the UK political landscape
- Excellent analytical, presenting, writing and influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of devising and delivering public affairs strategies and events
- Confident and credible: able to produce a high volume of quality work to short deadlines
- Excellent networking capability and stakeholder management skills, and ability to work well in virtual and fluid teams
- Media-savvy, to operate in a connected and fast-moving 24/7 political/media landscape
- Commercial mindset; strategic thinking and decision making
- Able to drive a collaborative culture, supporting the principle of “one Centrica and one Corporate Affairs”
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Senior Public Affairs Manager R9925338’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.