Global Gas Analyst
The Global Gas Analyst will work with other analysts within the wider Economics and Fundamentals team to develop proprietary price and volume views on Global LNG, European Gas and North American Gas markets. These will cover short term outlooks used by gas and LNG traders as well as medium and long term views used in strategic planning and origination
- Championing safety and maintaining a safe environment with zero Hypos and LTIs.
- The ability to rise above the details and help identify key trends likely to drive markets and its potential impact on Centrica’s business
- Contribute to research and analysis on aspects of the gas markets as required for use in establishing proprietary views on industry developments, regulation and policy
- Pull together demand and supply scenarios for key global gas markets for both the short term and the long term
- Run the scenarios through in house models that produce price and volume outlooks
- Develop a very good understanding of the models so as to be comfortable with entering inputs, trouble shooting and analysing the outputs.
- Support knowledge sharing within the team and provide back-up across the team as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise required
- Degree(s) and qualification(s) in a highly quantitative subject e.g. natural sciences, finance, mathematics, economics (or equivalent experience).
- Commodity Markets: Experience in, at least some of, crude oil, gas, LNG, power and emissions.
- Excellent knowledge of Statistical and Econometric techniques, VBA and Excel.
- Strong personal skills; enthusiasm, a desire to learn, critical thinking, flexibility and dependability.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex analysis in a clear and concise way in both written and verbal forms.
- Model Building: Experience of building economic and financial models to solve commercial problems and to answer strategic/tactical questions.
- Quantitative Analytics: Knowledge of, and ability to apply, analytical tools and quantitative techniques such as Monte Carlo simulation techniques, Linear Optimisation, and concepts including discounted cash flows, IRR, payback.
- Data and model management: Experience and ability to maintain complex models/data management systems.
- Knowledge of risk measures, hedging mechanisms, financial valuation method, financial and real options.
- Macro-economy: Understanding of the drivers of global macroeconomics, especially economic growth.
Additional Website Text
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required Global Gas Analyst (R9925135) in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.