Contractor Field Operator
Reporting to the production foreman, the contract field operator will be responsible for all aspects of gas and oilfield operations in a safe and effective manner; operating gas and oil wells, field compression, a condensate stabilization package, pipeline pigging, plunger lift systems, monitoring chemical rates, all contributing to a safe working environment for Centrica Energy (CE). You will support the lead operator & foreman and liaise with departments including health and safety, construction, environmental, engineering, and maintenance to ensure that all activities and personnel are in compliance with CE Standards, programs and applicable government regulations.
This is a full time operator position based out of the Hanlan Robb Gas Plant (Edson area).
- Assist the Lead Operator & Foreman in managing the day to day operations of the facilities, including new well startups, audits, inspections and associated corrective actions
- Ensure equipment, facilities and wells are maintained by completing minor maintenance or by initiating repairs
- Issue safe work permits and prepare equipment for maintenance in compliance with all CE rules, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate daily equipment logs, records, production readings and all electronic reporting formats
- Demonstrate and uphold all of CE’s rules, guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the operation of company assets
- Intermediate level of experience as a production operator in a field environment
- 1st year Instrumentation ticket and/or 4th Class Steam Ticket preferred.
- Experience in deep sour gas production and condensate stabilization packages is preferred
- High school diploma required
- Proven ability to lead others and foster a high safety standard
- Possess the skill set of being a self-starter
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract
- Certification in H2S alive, First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance and Confined Space Level 2.
- Ability to shift priorities and focus to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of automated operations systems
- Relevant industry certification and/or training considered an asset
Centrica Exploration & Production (C E&P) is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. C E&P (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at https://www.centrica.com/careers to apply online.