Distributed Energy is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help
customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing
assets they have on their own sites. In North America, we have existing and
forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial,
industrial, and institutional sectors.
The Delivery team, in which this role resides, is responsible for supporting proposals,
performing services and executing projects through unparalleled HSES, Engineering and
Project Management delivering services and projects while exceeding our customer’s
- 5+ years in Energy or related field
- 3-5 years’ project management experience required
- Experience in a role that requires involvement and understanding of project management of business initiatives including the introduction of new business processes a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required – Engineering majors preferred, STEM majors given consideration.
- MBA, Master’s Degree in Management, Business or Energy related fields is a strong plus
- PMP and CEM preferred; PE, Lean, Six Sigma, CDSM, LEED, CEA, CEAIT, BEAP, HPBD, CCP, CBCP, CPMP, EBCP, DGCP all a plus
- Work is a mix of office and field base work, candidate must be physically able to visit customer and construction sites and review all potential and on-going work
- Candidate must have a valid Driver’s License
This position is responsible for the timely development, execution and management of
internal (product development and process improvement) and external (energy
efficiency) projects for a number of business initiatives. The successful candidate will
possess excellent project management and process excellence skills and be able to
build strong relationships and ensure clear communication across a wide variety of
stakeholders including various business unit partners across Centrica and Direct Energy,
customers, suppliers (equipment vendors, engineers, consultants and contractors) and
various jurisdictional authorities (utilities, regulators, etc.)
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage projects of varying scopes and sizes from inception through completion including defining project charter, determining approach, structuring solution design and creating an implementation plan all in accordance with the expectations of the PMO.
- Project lead for ad hoc projects with increasing scope, complexity, and visibility to senior management.
- Meeting planning and materials preparation.
- Prepare financial models related to payment including life cycle costing, ROI, and internal rate of return.
- Point person for stakeholder communication (both internal and external).
- Providing reports on projects to management on a periodic and/or as needed basis .
- Business Process Management (BPM) including mapping and SOP creation, identification of process improvement opportunities, and voice of customer interviews.
- Maintain transparency and timely communication of team’s SharePoint site, metric and project dashboards as well as schedule.
- Risk and Issue identification and management.
- Ensure deliverables meet required quality standards.
- Ensure business benefits can be realized or that risks inhibiting realization are highlighted.
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>