Franchise Trade License Coordinator
Direct Energy is seeking a Franchise License coordinator to work in the Houston Greenway Plaza office. This position will manager and maintain a database with all the trade license (for multiple locations) for various Direct Energy Business groups such as One Hour A/C and Heating, Ben Franklin Plumbing and Mister Sparky electric.
Job Duties will include but are not limited to
- Maintain electronic storage of all licenses currently held and in use by the various business locations
- Maintain and track qualifier agreements
- Serve as a central contact for all business locations\
- Assist locations with ancillary requirements such as insurance certificates, bond requests, officer fingerprints, officer background checks, coordinating D&O signatures and obtaining financial records/tax forms from the corresponding departments, as needed
- Process location license applications
- Maintain close communication with business locations
- Notify business locations of upcoming renewals/expirations
- Ensure timely submission for new licenses and renewal of existing licenses
- Verify the business locations are using the correct entity name/dba
- Follow up on status of applications and troubleshoot problems/resolve issues
- Notify business leaders and business locations of Reporting Events that can create budgeting issues for such items as truck wraps and business collateral materials
- Notify the licensing jurisdiction and process any additional filings for the following:
Change of Control (qualifier disassociation, entity or parent company name changes which might include conversions, mergers, rebranding, change of ownership or company reorganization)
Business location address changes
- D & O changes for the licensing entity and/or parent entity
- Rebranding for locations
- Change of insurance company that provides bonds
- Divestitures and acquisitions
- Notify Corporate legal when entering a new jurisdiction
- Notify marketing/advertising and the compliance teams of any new licenses and any license number changes.
- Work with qualifier, general manager and legal to respond to trade licensing complaints/potential violations.
- Monitor Franchisee insurance certificates
- Ensure the license holder completes any and all necessary examination or continuing education requirements
- Obtain new/revised license holder agreements via Corp. Legal Team as new license holders are named or hired within the business.
- Coordinate trade license payments to license holders with Corporate Human Resources/Payroll.
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required
- Strong administrative and project management skills
- Prior experience with Franchise license helpful
- Infrequent travel
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text