Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- Experience in both direct materials and services with experience in life-cycle and total cost of ownership analytics and proposals.
- Experience of working within a large and complex Procurement environment where transformation has taken place across multi geographies.
- Experience of delivering a Procurement and organizational change program.
- Good understanding of the external Procurement systems market including key players and capabilities.
- Track record of delivering long term value within a Procurement environment.
- Degree educated or appropriate relevant in work experience.
The Procurement Director forms a key part of the NA Procurement Leadership team providing an essential service into the Procurement function. The role has a team to ensure the ongoing delivery and accurate tracking and reporting of the Procurement plan as part of the Strategic Review program as agreed with the business.
It is responsible for delivering the consistent Procurement framework under which all teams must operate and for driving this consistency across the organization. The role will work with key leadership members across the Procurement function to deliver a standardized “One Procurement” approach improving Procurement standards and output.
It is responsible for all aspects of reporting against key targets and providing insight to the Procurement organization to allow more effective Procurement decisions to be made. It is responsible for the assisting the delivery of the Procurement targeted and enabled £450m cost reduction challenge.
The role works closely with the Procurement Heads across the function ensuring a consistency of approach, implementation of strategy and approach and that the correct infrastructure is in place to support effective delivery of the program.
There are two key areas of responsibilities:
1. Business Partner key lines of business for North America. In this critical role, the individual will act as the ‘face’ of procurement across all categories , interfacing with senior stakeholders to ensure procurement sourcing and savings activities are aligned to the business needs.
2. Develop End-to-End Category strategies to deliver long-term sustainable benefits while mitigating risks. This will include leading a team to ensure collaboration with the stakeholders on all strategies and enabling implementation
- Input into the Procurement Leadership team to help drive the Procurement agenda in the future
- Effective tracking and management of the Procurement activity plan to ensure clear visibility to the Leadership of performance against agreed targets
- Embedding of consistent best practice into the Procurement teams
- Regular reporting of performance for both Procurement leadership and the business stakeholders against Procurement performance
- Manage a small number of key Centrica supplier relationships taking a group wide perspective where required
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability