Safety Manager Dallas Airtron
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com
The Safety Manager develops, implements, and monitors programs that drive year over year increases in safety and ergonomics as well as maintain the highest environmental quality standards.
- Oversees the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures as well as makes Health, Safety and Environmental recommendations.
- Develops new and creative methods to drive continuous improvement HSE practices.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and updating environmental policy and procedure manual.
- Ensures compliance with all HSE regulations and stays abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Develops health, safety, environmental, and workers’ compensation best practices.
- Implements best in class HSE strategies, programs, and practices.
- Advisor to health and safety administration team regarding projects, tasks, and operations..
- Trains employees on safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure workforce has the capabilities and processes needed for behavioral alignment to the safety strategy.
- Reports to Corporate Safety weekly per conference calls.
- Monthly reporting to Corporate Safety.
- Develop and implement goals with Corporate Safety guidance.
- Record keeping of all training, truck inspections, EPA requirements.
- Investigate accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine root causes, install preventive measures.
- Enters all required information in to Analytix program.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Oversee workers’ compensation and return-to-work activities.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees .
- Order and maintain facility safety inventory including supplies and equipment.
- Reviews documentation to ensure all required onsite records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures.
- Coordinate with insurance companies for vehicle loss claims.
Requirements and Education
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in increasing and proactive responsibility for environmental, health, and safety in a fast paced industry setting.
- Broad knowledge of risk assessment tools and other safety practices.
- Solid, current knowledge of federal and state environmental safety regulations.
- Proven track record as an effective change agent required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have computer experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- EPA certification.
- Industry licenses.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability