In the Rocky Mountain House and Nordegg area, the Facilities Field Engineer is required to provide day-to-day engineering assistance; and screen, evaluate, prioritize, and implement various projects related to the sustainability and optimization of existing surface facilities and pipeline networks. The position will also be responsible to ensure sound engineering practice and standards are adhered to locally. The Facility Field Engineer will represent Operations Engineering in the field by providing technical guidance/mentorship related to technical standards, HSER requirements, Process Safety and Project Management initiatives, and the Operations Engineering Goal/Action plan to field staff.
This position reports to the Field Engineering Lead in Operations Engineering; Operations stakeholders such as the Operations Supervisor contribute to prioritization of tasks/projects that are within the years goal plan.
The position is field based at Rocky Mountain House and supports an area consisting of Gilby, Nordegg, Ferrier fields and plants all within a 50 - 200 km radius of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. These facilities produce and process both natural gas and conventional oil and consist of wells, compressor stations, dehydration skids, oil batteries, waterfloods, satellites and pipeline networks. There are three plants in the area that use a variety of processes including inlet compression, refrigerated lean oil absorption, recompression, high temperature stabilization, fractionation, amine sweetening, propane refrigeration, IFPEX methanol dehydration and glycol dehydration. Sales products include sales gas, stabilized condensate, propane, butane, and mixed liquefied petroleum gas.
- Troubleshoot operational and maintenance problems related to the facilities.
- Implement field optimization and loss avoidance activities including production optimization, cost reduction, and process optimization.
- Advise on or address regulatory compliance concerns through support or projects.
- Design and deliver in an efficient and safe manner various small to mid-sized projects following the Operations Project Delivery Process. Manage a team of contractors and construction inspectors to effectively schedule and execute said projects.
- Provide technical support for operational shutdowns and turnarounds, hazard assessments, and procedure development.
- Evaluate Facility Engineering aspects of Third Party Tie-ins.
- Utilize and foster productive relationships with contracted Third Party Engineering firms, Construction Inspectors, and other Vendors.
- Promote a safety leadership culture and assist in incident investigation and root cause analysis as required.
- Act as the custodian of Drawing Management at each field site.
- Uphold Centrica’s Engineering Processes/Standards and Personnel Safety initiatives.
- Utilize, Support, and Champion the Centrica Process Safety processes (e.g. MOC, PSSR, PHA, Risk Register, etc.)
- Support Development Engineering Projects to ensure optimal and efficient project designs are provided to Operations.
- Work closely with Field Superintendents and Foremen to understand the needs of the area and opportunities for improvement
- Interface with the other engineering teams within Operations Engineering, and support teams in Calgary (such as JV, Finance, Surface Land, HSE, Technical Specialists, etc.)
- Assist with budget preparation and stewardship
- Contribute to and maintain a prioritized Master worklist.
- Conduct weekly reporting, and tracking of progress to yearly Goal/Action plan.
- Mentor field based Engineering Co-op students when needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Corporate and Industry Standards. Foster a behavior of personal development. Engage internal or external assistance when working outside of individuals “area of expertise”
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably mechanical or chemical
- Professional Engineer (APEGA) in good standing. An experienced registered Engineer-in-training (EIT) may be considered if close to obtaining P.Eng status.
- Junior to mid-level Oil and Gas Facility Engineering and Operations experience. Previous experience in a remote field engineering role is preferred.
- Experience in Facility work/modifications (plant, equipment, pipelines, maintenance, abandonments, troubleshooting, optimization, turnarounds), Project Management (small to medium sized projects), estimating, scheduling, construction practices, Personnel and Process Safety.
- Familiarity with various oil and gas codes and regulations (e.g. ASME, CSA, API, ERCB, ABSA, OGC)Understanding of the Process, Operational, and Maintenance aspects of upstream operations, equipment, and terminology.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, stakeholder management, and communication (written/verbal/presentation), and computer skills.
- Ability to demonstrate visible safety leadership and hold to professional and ethical behavior in all situations.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work; as well as manage multiple customers in a fast paced changing environment with a focus on safe, value adding, and efficient project delivery
- Independent and self-supporting work habits, as well as an ability to lead and work with teams
- Innovative problem solving skills.
- Mechanical and technical skill sets combined with a practical mindset
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, and respectful of others
- Valid Alberta driver’s license
Centrica Exploration & Production (C E&P) is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. C E&P (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at https://www.centrica.com/careers to apply online.