Field Operations Engineering Summer Student
The Field Operations summer student will receive hands on exposure to both compressor station and field environments while supporting both project and day to day Field Operation activities within the Medicine Hat Field Operation, located within a 100 km radius of Medicine Hat, Alberta.
- Assists the Production Engineer on portions of current projects including Field production and cost optimization
- Assist the operators & foreman in managing the day to day operations of the facilities and wells, including well testing, audits, inspections and associated corrective actions
- Ensure equipment, facilities and wells are maintained by completing minor maintenance or by initiating repairs and housekeeping items
- Maintain accurate daily equipment logs, records, production readings and all electronic reporting formats
- Demonstrate and uphold all of CE’s rules, guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the operation of company assets
- May include independent facilitation of smaller capital projects or technical support initiatives
- Three years’ completed education in an accredited engineering program in a mechanical or chemical discipline or a minimum of 1 year Power Engineering Technology
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer software skills with Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Energetic personality with strong initiative
- This position is open to students who reside in the Medicine Hat area
Centrica Energy is an international business operating in the UK, Europe, North America and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading.
Centrica Energy (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.