We have exciting opportunities for Contract Specialists to join our Exploration and Production and Merchant Power Procurement teams who have experience in managing EPC contracts & Projects. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring Centrica’s contracts and agreements are both cost-effective and high performing. You will also be key in ensuring that Centrica is adhering to its contractual obligations, it is not exposed to unnecessary contractual and / or commercial risk in the course of its business and to ensure that suitable goods and services are available to support ongoing activities. Centrica is changing. To combat market forces we are embarking on a large-scale transformation across our entire organisation to enable us to leverage our existing capabilities, modernise our business through digitalisation and grow internationally. Procurement is at the very heart of this and we are looking for creative, curious and ambitious individuals to become part of our team in order to propel us into the future. We are looking for leaders and future leaders who will be able to bring their current knowledge to help us create, build and lead us into a global procurement function.
- Location: Aberdeen
- Travel will be required
- Excellent package value and benefits (depending on experience)
We are setting ourselves up for success by bringing together 7 disparate international teams and uniting them with a global framework yet maintaining that all important local delivery. Our internal team is already award-winning, which is owed to a relentless focus on the development of our people, and we are looking to extend this by finding experienced talent outside of our business who can bring their knowledge of contract management of EPC contracts, category management, working across cultures and delivering innovation through procurement. In return, we can offer some amazing opportunities to enable you to develop your potential and fast-track your career.
- To ensure that the Supply Chain Team has a positive and business focused profile in the allocated Team / Department.
- To ensure that all contracts deliver ‘added value’ results with exceptional performance and financial results.
- To ensure a quality service is provided on all contractual and commercial agreement matters.
- To ensure Centrica is not exposed to unnecessary contractual and / or commercial risk in the course of its business.
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised.
- To draft all contractual correspondence to the contractor during the execution phase including letters, claims variation orders and provisional sums.
- Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated.
- Develop close working relationships with Procurement teams, senior stakeholders and third party Centrica suppliers.
Centrica is a fantastic organisation to join and grow with. In Procurement alone we are working on developing oil and gas wells in Europe, delivering in excess of £180m of projects in Merchant Power, sourcing air-conditioning units, outsourcing business processes, developing novel technology platforms for the connected homes of the future and working creatively on campaigns to market well-known brands like British Gas. We are also keen on developing our top talent through international assignments to ensure we have the right pipeline of talent to continue to stretch ourselves as we mature even further. To succeed in our team you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Degree educated or equivalent and/or appropriate experience in work experience.
- Proven expertise in a particular aspect of contracts eg, drilling, projects, construction and EPC contracts in gas reciprocating engines, battery storage solutions and Combined Cycle Gas Turbines.
- Sound commercial awareness and up-to-date knowledge of industry/regulatory contracting practices.
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent).
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line.
- Experience of working in a global matrix organisation.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence senior level stakeholders.
- Resilient, can demonstrate strength in adversity and comfort in ambiguity.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced changing environment.
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others.
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges.
- Thoughtfully tenacious against opposition....but accepts and supports decisions once made.
- Actively removes complexity.
- Self aware, knows own strengths and limitations.
- Good knowledge of office/supply chain IT systems/software e.g. Microsoft Office, SAP
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Contracts Engineer R9914603’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.