Head of Customer Service (SME)
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000, dependent on experience, £7,800 car allowance, bonus and benefits
The Head of Customer Service (SME) will lead the delivery and implementation of service strategy to deliver sustainable value to the business and provide inspirational and empowering leadership to drive and facilitate customer service teams in delivering increased profitability for the business, and market leading experiences within a customer-centric culture.
The role holder will be responsible for collaboratively laying out a plan to deliver the annual strategic direction with a requirement to look beyond the immediate operating plan (1 to 3-year horizon), develop, engage and lead an effective management team that is driven to deliver operational targets against all scorecard metrics (compliance, growth, digital), accountable for local/tactical incentives to drive and deliver performance and act as a key interface into the UK Business Leadership Team to agree performance and change.
They will lead, guide and steer Customer Service Managers via peer-to-peer coaching to coordinate performance delivery and maximise effectiveness and efficiency of the function, defining clear & realistic accountabilities and expectations of the Customer Services teams and will lead the Outsource Manager in the day to day performance management of external partner for SME services.
Driving a culture of delivering excellent customer outcomes with a focus on behaviour and conduct, deploying performance improvement action plans and local governance; embed ownership, discretion and decision making in the front line of the business is an absolute must for this role.
- Effective decision making with ability to balance customer, business and employee needs based on a thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service
- A strategic thinker, with influencing and negotiation skills to facilitate debate at board level
- High numerical and analytical skills with regards to budget/OPEX management and the development/analysis of management information
- Strong coaching skills ensuring that individuals build capability & skills to fulfil their roles, and ability to recognise and reward performance appropriately
- Strong relationship management and networking to engage stakeholders
- Confidence, credibility and communication skills to drive behavioural and performance improvements as well as change projects
- Skills and attitude to work effectively on own initiative and drive business forward, ensuring that the agreed objectives and the actual outcomes are achieved and understood, and that lessons from experience are learned
- General management within a services industry, leading high performing customer service teams
- Senior leadership experience in a large Contact Centre environment / Complaints Management function
- Business experience in a complex operational environment
- Experience of planning and driving strategy and delivering step changes within the business, adopting innovative approaches from the market, competition and other sectors
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, develop and drive performance from people within a dispersed, multi-disciplinary workforce
- Experience gained working within a FCA regulated environment to deliver both commercial and regulatory objectives
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Head of Customer Service (SME) R9918761’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.