Service Engineer - M4/M40 corridor
Service Engineer ENER-G
Competitive basic + bonus & on call payments, company vehicle + range of flexible benefits
Field based. On call rota + 1 weekend day every 3 weeks
Centrica has an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join our ENER-G business. ENER-G is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
You will be responsible for the effective service and maintenance of allocated CHP units. Acting as the 1st point of contact for the customer you must have excellent communication skills, be self motivated with a strong eye for detail. We are looking for candidates who have a background in Engineering within the Energy industry (in particular Building services or Combined Heat and Power projects) and who have, as a minimum, a mechanical craft qualification or higher (C&G, ONC or HNC).
- Monitor and manage customer service level agreements
- Respond to customer services calls
- Diagnose issues and defects, determining correct actions and repairs
- Ensure optimal system operation
- Identify improvements and implement accordingly
- Complete service repairs, replacements, upgrades
We are looking for candidates who have a background in Engineering within the Energy industry (in particular Building services or Combined Heat and Power projects) and who have, as a minimum, a mechanical craft qualification or higher (C&G, ONC or HNC). We are also looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience of an in-field service role on reciprocating engines or generators
- The ability to strip and repair a reciprocating engine down to component level •Knowledge of rotating equipment
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong Health & Safety Awareness
- Working on CHP plants
- Working on generators gas or diesel stand-by
- Working on marine vessels or plant and equipment
- Work on the following engines; MTU, CAT, Perkins, MAN, Mercedes, MWM ·Good working knowledge of three phase electrics
- Have a working knowledge of control panels
- Commissioning skills
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Service Engineer - M4/M40 corridor R9923795’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.