Technical Desk Agent
Salary; Up to £28, 000 (depending on experience), + excellent corporate benefit’s and bonus
As the TSD agent you’ll be responsible to act as 2nd line support for all partner escalations of a P1 or P2 priority. You’ll receive escalations via the Incident Management process and to resolve these issues where possible or escalate to the 3rd Line Support, and you’ll act as the single point of contact for all end to end management of reported incidents. The TSD operates a shift pattern to enable our 2*7*365 coverage.
You’ll be a personable, presentable individual who can demonstrate the technical and personal competencies required to support a varying number of new and emerging technology areas.
What will you be doing
- Provision of 1st & 2nd line support to diagnose and rectify client data, systems and network faults (i.e. routing, LAN switching, basic firewall security, IPT, WAN, SIP, mobile, AWS, Hosted Networks.)
- Pro-active management of alerts generated by BGCH management/monitoring systems – instigating diagnostics, escalating to appropriate 3rd party and managing through to closure.
- Running and leading Incidents, controlling discussions between engineers and other interested parties to enable production of clear, concise communications to the business.
- Liaison with all relevant 3rd party Suppliers
- To ensure that requests for technical support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis are serviced in a timely manner and, where applicable, within agreed service level time scales.
- To ensure that all on-going actions and the current status of problems are fully documented in the CRM System
- Assist in coordinating operations and engineering teams in order to identify errors and anomalies
- To complete detailed records of actions taken to allow efficient handover to other team members and updating the knowledge base
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Experience with Linux/Unix/Windows operating systems
- An understanding of basic network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP etc.)
- A source of technical expertise to others , demonstrates adherence to process
- Highly organised with consistently strong attention to detail
- Excellent Communication and time management skill
- An ability to work on their own as well as part of a team and must have a flexible approach to hours of work and be able to work under pressure
- You’ll live within commuting distance of Cambridge and be able to commit to the working described within the advert
Desirable but not essential Criteria:
- Experience in a TSD/ Technical Support environment
- Experience working within a Customer Support Environment
- Experience working within a 24*7 environment
- Experience working with a Cloud based architecture
Hi, we're Connected Homes.
Set up by British Gas in 2012, our mission is to use technology to revolutionise the way we control our homes. We have developed a range of innovative, simple to use products and services that help you sync your home with your life.
Our brand Hive, By British Gas underlines our commitment to bring new innovative products and services to market helping make homes smarter. Already market leaders in remote heating control, we are preparing to launch a pipeline of Hive products to give the customers greater control and connectivity in their home. Come and visit us at www.hivehome.com
I’m Carla (Carla.email@example.com) the Resourcing Partner for Connected home. I’m excited to learn about your background and how you can become part of our market leading team in Connected home - British Gas.
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>