This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Pricing Analyst to join our Commercial Pricing team, based in Staines.
As a Pricing Analyst you can expect to play an integral role in the development of pricing strategies for our market leading insurance and non insurance products, for new and existing customers, learning advanced techniques in price optimisation and statistical modelling along the way. In return, we will provide excellent opportunities for the continued development of your commercial and analytical skills within a FTSE100 company.
- Create accurate insightful pricing analysis, making full use of internal external data.
- Conduct competitor price reviews, working closely with your customer insight colleagues.
- Review end-to-end customer journeys, identifying value opportunities, and forming new innovative recommendations on price optimisation, for new existing customers.
- Develop and analyse complex models, customer life-time valuation, price elasticity test design, and customer behaviour.
- Help with the implementation of price changes, and monitor the impacts of those changes on key business metrics.
- Contribute to the preparation of pricing governance materials, business case assumptions and financial models, liaising with other areas of the business as necessary.
- Ensure that all pricing activity is aligned to regulatory requirements and has customer fairness at its core.
- A genuine interest in insurance/retail pricing and analytical techniques.
- Highly numerate, with the potential to develop a strong technical skill-set.
- Good team player, able to work accurately and reliably to sometimes tight deadlines.
- Energy, enthusiasm, creativity, and resilience, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate pricing insights and recommendations in clear and simple terms.
- Strong academic record in a quantitative discipline, E.g. Maths, Statistics, Engineering, etc.
- Highly numerate individual, comfortable with analytical techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Emblem, etc, an advantage (but not essential).
- 1+ years experience in a similar analytics or pricing role is an advantage, though we will also consider applications from recent graduates.
British Gas is a market-leading energy and services provider, focused on the changing needs of our customers and the delivery of smarter, more connected homes. The Pricing team lies at the heart of this, supporting our colleagues across UK Home to go above and beyond in creating great propositions for our customers, and so help make their lives smoother and simpler.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Pricing Analyst R9922976’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.