We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—the leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
DE Solar was built to enhance sustainability, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower the reliance on fossil fuels. Within six years we’ve grown to 350 employees and completed more than 3,000 installations across 12 states. With rapid growth and expansion slated for 2015, a career at DE Solar offers immense opportunities for you to make a tremendous impact.
The Electrician Lead is an integral member of the installation crews, who are responsible for installing residential solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Electrician Lead is a licensed journeyman (general or residential) working with a helper to install the electrical portions of the solar installation. An Electrical Lead will read plan sets and install electrical components, conduit runs, and wiring. Electrical Leads do service upgrades regularly.
The Electrician is an integral member of the installation crews, who are responsible for installing residential solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Electrician installs and directs the work of all mechanical portions of solar electric installations relating to array layouts, array racking, and module installation either roof or ground mounted. They provide immediate in-field oversight to crews on safety, quality control, and correct installation methods to ensure an efficient installation.
- Passionate. You have a high level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism. You don't get overwhelmed easily. You are extremely keen to learn more about everything from others.
- Driven. You are looking to join a team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, Mother Nature, and working outside. You understand what it takes to get the job done; you are a ninja when it comes to grinding away at issues and finding a resolution.
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor.
- Fun. You're a charismatic, gregarious individual who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and enthusiastic about making the world a cleaner place for everyone.
- Install of electrical service equipment, wiring, and devices required for the installation of residential and light commercial solar PV systems.
- Lead the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property.
- Ensure electrical work performed electricians is pristine workmanship and compliant with the current National Electrical Code as well as other relevant local codes.
- Act as on-site supervisor for electrical teams and provide regular reports of team activities to electrical managers.
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolving electrical issues.
- Work with Operations Manager and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar equipment.
- Work with local inspectors to meet and satisfy local requirements and expectations.
- Interface with the Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements.
- Train, mentor and develop apprentices.
- Love heights and the idea of working on rooftops with proper safety apparatus. Also love to crawl into small confined spaces such as attics.
- Work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Receive ongoing training from Master Electricians.
- Not be required to have any prior solar experience.
- Have the rare opportunity to help save the planet.
- 4+ years of experience as an Electrician.
- Complete understanding of the NEC code book or plan to attend classes with the intention of gaining these skills.
- Ability to calculate total load amperage ratings, wattages, KW & KVA sizes.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact positively in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in confined spaces such as attics.
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
- Capability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops. Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capable to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST.
- Valid state driver’s license. Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability