Regulatory Manager (Energy Investigations)
The Regulatory Affairs function understands, provides advice and influences the various regulatory components of the energy sector so that Centrica businesses can work effectively within it.
Within this function the Regulatory Manager (Energy Investigations) is a member of the team responsible for leading on developing and coordinating our strategic response to Ofgem investigations relating to energy regulation (supply and generation).
This role is as a core member of a team that provides leadership on issues relating to energy investigations. Close working relationships with senior Centrica management is a critical aspect of the role.
Reporting into the Director, Energy Investigations, this role will lead on elements of the wider responsibilities of the Energy Investigations team. Specific responsibilities for this team include Regulatory investigations (energy supply, trading and generation) and coordinating Centrica's engagement with Ofgem in the event of enforcement action, in collaboration with Legal & Ethics & Compliance teams.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Leading, and being a core contributing member of multi-disciplinary teams across Centrica developing and agreeing our strategic response to Ofgem investigations relating to energy regulation, combining commercial, Legal and Ethics & Compliance team resource and external advisers as appropriate;
- Leading on the preparation of submissions to Ofgem relating to energy investigations, and stakeholder meetings on related subjects;
- Management of key relationships within Ofgem relating to regulatory investigations.
- Regulatory expert with high quality strategic, economics or legal qualifications and energy sector experience or equivalent;
- Experience of effective engagement with senior internal stakeholders on business critical issues;
- Good understanding of the retail and wholesale regulatory frameworks and licence requirements within which Centrica Group operates, and of the regulatory decision making processes;
- Understanding of the nature of the energy markets within which Centrica operates;
- An ability (with proven track record) to develop innovative and powerful solutions to complex regulatory proposals;
- Ability to work flexibly, across a wide range of high profile and fast moving tactical and strategic issues;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Strong communicator who translates regulatory matters into concise and credible messages, providing a clear vision, and enabling teams to make operational decisions;
- Superior listener who is persuasive, poised and articulate;
- True collaborator who maintains a balanced view of the business and can effectively push back on all levels of management, providing candid and honest assessments;
- Demonstrable leadership ability – ability to manage a high performing team with a true focus on "value added" and ability to direct and motivate others;
- Pro-active style which inspires confidence in colleagues and seeks to continually improve, seek out new ways to deliver value and to support the business objectives;
- Comfortable in working across a matrix organisation and leading or participating in multi skilled teams across different BUs in order to deliver the best outcome for Centrica;
- Clear understanding and absolute adherence to ethical principles, company values, code of conduct and policies.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Chris.Powell@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Regulatory Manager (Energy Investigations) R9920946’ in the subject title. Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.