Head of Executive Customer Service – Complaints
Reporting to Head of Complaints and working directly for the Chief Executive, ES&S, UK & Ireland; the Head of Executive Customer Services is a high profile role responsible for leading the collective response of the organisation to complaints directed at the Chairman, CEO of Centrica, CE, ESS and their respective Executive Teams.
The role requires the highest level of internal and external stakeholder management and also encompasses the responsibility of managing the Centrica relationship with MP offices on customer driven issues and policy and providing the background for all customer driven national media enquiries.
- Representing the Chief Executive and the board and leading a cross business unit department that ensures that all escalated executive customer complaints are resolved effectively and consistently, maximising customer satisfaction and loyalty and protecting the reputation of British Gas and Centrica
- Responsible for collaborating with the respective business unit Managing Director to define the standards of service associated with Executive Complaints, MP responses and national media stories
- To establish world class levels of customer service via the implementation of actions in line with agreed and targeted strategies, designed to improve the level of service delivered to customers
- To reach out to other blue chip organisations and lead customer service benchmarking activity through external relationship building and best practise sessions
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders, often at director level, across all business units and to develop and maintain high level VIP escalation routes that ensure executive complaints can be resolved within optimum timeframe
- To lead collaboration and respond in partnership with media, legal and privacy teams on complex cases that have tight deadlines and carry serious risk of brand damage or litigation
- To investigate, agree approach, draft and sign off personal and policy responses with the Chief Executive ESS, CEO and Chairman on cases that carry significant reputational risk
- To lead a department that incorporates a Head office based operation and work with the Executive Customer Relations Manager to ensure additional satellite teams in other customer service sites deliver recognised standards of service through effective training/up skill and the development of effective benchmarking capability
- To define the scope of the development of team training and up skill to exceptional level in line with Executive Office responsibilities. To include the new start journey and the development and maintenance of department reference documents
- To own the Executive Office strategic and tactical plan. Ensuring service levels are maintained and exceptional customer service is delivered at all times
- To develop a culture which embraces change and drive the employee engagement strategy to deliver an exceptional customer and employee experience
- To lead the development and take ownership of the MP/MSP/AM process across the entire Centrica estate in partnership with corporate affairs and the respective business unit owners
- To facilitate the analysis of the root cause of complaints, escalate and make recommendations directly to business unit MDs, complaints improvement programme and the respective customer journey owners, which will improve the customer service proposition and prevent re-occurrence
- Act as a brand ambassador both internally and externally and take every opportunity to build BG’s brand identity, including external events (AGM / MP Surgeries)
- Collaborate with the Corporate Affairs team in managing the investigation of Media Complaints and producing key media statements for delivery to the National Press
- To provide advice to Customer Service Managers across the UK Home estate in relation to high level complaints and issues that pose a reputational risk to British Gas
Skills and Experience
- Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all business key performance indicators
- Aware of the commercial aims and objectives of British Gas
- Understand the British Gas complaints escalation and resolution process
- Understand good housekeeping for data protection and information security requirements
- Commercial Know-How: Managing for value, Understanding Centrica, Understanding our Customers.
- Confidence and creditability to communicate at a senior stakeholder level
- Ability to effectively communicate information and knowledge assertively, whilst demonstrating empathy with customers and colleagues
- Impact and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise deliverables and plan accordingly
Up to £60,000 (dependent on experience), £5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Head of Executive Customer Service – Complaints R9919877’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com