Business Design Manager
The Field Optimisation team will look from one end of UK Field Operations (UKFO) to the other identifying and realising opportunities to unlock the full potential of our 15,000 strong field force to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
The Field Optimisation team will place a strong focus on how we can drive efficiencies – how do we get rid of what can get in the way of our engineers doing a brilliant job – and how can we be more effective - give our people the tools and support they need to get the job done better.
The Strategy & Projects team has been created to lead the work of translating the UKFO strategic objectives into real operating model shifts and change initiatives that will deliver the strategic ambition.
The Strategy and Projects Manager will:
- Operationalise Field Ops strategy and priorities into grounded operating model changes and scope associated change initiatives
- Provide strategic and operational direction to major change Field Ops change initiatives to ensure that target operating model is delivered
This role will be based in our Staines with some National Travel
- Look at the 18 month to 5 year timeline and work closely with UKFO leaders, understand industry and customer trends, recommending how UKFO needs to evolve to deliver and evolve the overall strategy
- Collaborate with UK Home and UK Business to ensure UKFO strategy and plans are aligned
- Work with UKFO and the broader business to identify and prioritise transformational initiatives (Symbols of Change) that underpin delivery of UKFO strategy
- Guide major change items from concept, through design and delivery to ensure target outcomes are delivered
- Work with UK Change to provide business design and strategic direction for major FO change initiatives as they move from concept to deployment
- Business partner UKFO verticals to source, design and secure resource for delivery of innovative solutions to identified opportunities to transform the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- Source inspiration and best practice from internal and external sources to drive innovation that delivers better outcomes for our customers and people
- Identify and understand mid-long term industry and customer trends, to leverage opportunities / address emerging challenges
- Ensure there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments
- Effective partnering and networking with internal customers across the Group, major business partners and suppliers at the most senior level
- Ability to see the big picture, visionary and how the parts relate to each other. The ability to sell the vision
- Ability and willingness to be bold, challenge the status quo and foster an environment where innovation happens
- Can demonstrate applying strategic principles to a business operating model to identify opportunities and change initiatives
- The gravitas and credibility to influence and inspire senior internal & external stakeholders to sponsor initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Strong team player and collaborator who works across team and organisational boundaries and is confident engaging at the most senior levels of a large corporate organisation
- Sound financial, commercial and strategic judgement and acumen
- Able to construct an assumption based business case impacting KPI shifts into a live P&L
- Excellent communicator (written and spoken) with confidence and credibility to listen and engage at all levels of the organisation
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to spot the opportunity and the tenacity to make it happen
- A track record of Leadership & Management of similar teams, commercial acumen & development of business cases
- A background in a customer focused environment, ideally with field operations context
- Experience of creating, mobilising and managing cross organisation teams with a proven track record of results
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders across the business to develop and/or deliver business initiatives
- Educated to degree level
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Business Design Manager R9915811’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.