University Relations Recruiter
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Direct Energy is looking for a Campus Recruitment Professional. This individual will join a dynamic Talent Acquisition Team and will report to the Head of Emerging Talent Acquisition. The Campus Recruitment Analyst coordinates recruiting activities, develops and maintains relationships with campus placement offices and faculty, and will be responsible for the Direct Energy brand and image on college campuses. The Campus Recruitment Analyst provides Direct Energy recruiting teams guidance on recruitment processes and is the point person for students.
- Bachelor's degree required, emphasis in Business, Communications, Human Resources, or related discipline preferred
- 4+ years of campus/university recruiting experience. Demonstrating strong capacity of successfully working with high volume recruitment and branding campaigns
- Ability to travel to various universities and events during campus recruiting seasons
- Capacity to effectively manage and prioritize projects and tasks with a superior attention to detail while effectively adapting to changing priorities with flexibility and creativity
- Capable of interacting with all levels of external and internal professionals while developing strong productive relationships
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Previous experience using an applicant tracking system
- Experience using social media to establish and grow communications with exceptional entry level talent and expand the Direct Energy recruiting brand through platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Well-developed personal University network
- Prior experience planning, directing, and leading university recruiting and new hire events
- Previous full cycle recruiting experience is a plus
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with employment interviewing techniques and applicant pre-qualification
Position is located in our Metropark, New Jersey Office.
Applicants must reside in close proximity to our New Jersey office as relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
- Continued development and support of the Direct Energy recruitment strategy on campus, enhancing the Direct Energy brand and reputation at select local and regional universities
- Establish and maintain relationships with career centers, faculty and students
- Initiate activities on campus to promote Direct Energy at selected programs, including but not limited to advertising, career fairs, information sessions, speaker series events and on-campus interviews
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with deans, directors, professors and other administrative staff of academic departments and career centers as well as with student leaders of target Universities
- Track, analyze and report on metrics and effectiveness of our programs. Analyze new trends and share best practices
- Develop a pipeline of high-quality talent at the undergraduate, graduate and continuing education levels
- Create marketing materials and communication strategy to increase on-campus awareness
- Coordinate with candidates and hiring managers to schedule interviews; facilitate end of assessment conversations to make hiring decisions with hiring Managers
- Develop an external network within the marketplace to understand competition, salaries, and make recommendations based on this knowledge
- Actively recruit internal employees to represent Direct Energy on campus
- Actively use social media to promote the Direct Energy Brand and opportunities
- Participate in project work including the standardization of recruitment processes, setting recruitment strategy, and implementing best practices into the recruitment function.
- A wide degree of creativity, latitude, and pro-activity is expected
- Assist with the coordination and execution of Rotational Program and Summer Intern events and activities
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability