Resourcing Compliance Specialist
The Associate, Resourcing Compliance provides administrative support and guidance on compliance processes required for the safe delivery of starters and movers across Centrica, ensuring immigration obligations are met and the Good Repute Policy for pre-employment checking is adhered to. Working within the Resourcing Compliance Team, the Associate will work closely with colleagues in HR and Resourcing, ensuring an excellent candidate and Manager experience.
- Accountable for supporting colleagues and the Centrica Recruitment Team across business areas in the delivery of pre-employment checks (PEC) and ad-hoc/ongoing monitoring of checks, examples include Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Approved Persons checks and National Security Vetting (NSV) checks
- Deliver an excellent new joiner and hiring manager experience by taking ownership of the compliance process and supporting as and when required
- Check all ‘Right to Work’ (RTW) documentation against in-country requirements (i.e. UK Home Office / UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) ) and ensuring quality guidelines are met
- Responsible for correctly and accurately updating the management information fields in the HCM system relating to evidence RTW evidence (e.g. passport, visa)
- Accountable for uploading RTW documentation within the HCM system and filing under the correct document type
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in resourcing administration and be in a position to offer advice and guidance to hiring managers and the Centrica Recruitment Team as the 1st point of contact for all RTW and PEC queries
- Maintain robust management information and work within team quality measurements and SLAs
- Manage and interpret pre-employment check reports and advise the Centrica Recruitment Team, HR representatives and managers on their resolution
- Liaise with third party candidate check providers to ensure a high standard of service
- Monitor non-compliant hiring, managing any necessary processes to close the loop by ensuring that documentation and pre-employment checks are administered immediately
- Undertake employer referencing when the third party candidate check providers are unable to reach conclusion
- Ensure in-country conduct authorities, questions and requests are supported and maintain ongoing compliance (i.e. UK – FCA)
- Support ad hoc projects that require guidance and support to business areas that either do not currently comply or have been involved in a merger or acquisition and need to align to business practice
- Organised and focussed in approach
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy to ensure excellent service
- Owns and cares about the experience they deliver to candidates, hiring managers, recruiters and providers
- Able to prioritise workload through self-management and ownership of work and often be required to multi-task across portfolios
- Comfortable dealing with last minute changes to workload and be adaptable to change
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills combined with passion to succeed
- Be respectful to other team members and build strong and trustful relationships – treat others how you expect to be treated Experience of working with HR Recruitment Systems
- Knowledge of compliance items related to recruitment and selection and able to quality check documentation for processing
- Process and administration background
- Exposure to pre-employment checking and asylum and immigration practices is desirable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Resourcing Compliance Specialist R9924046’ in the subject title.