Operations Manager (HI)
Responsible for delivering a number of projects critical to the safe operation of the HI field based teams. Assist in managing and implementing some of the contractual relationships and changes with 3rd party suppliers which are crucial to HI achieving their strategic growth plans and supporting the profitability of the British Gas and Centrica businesses.
West London: Field Based
- To ensure that suppliers work to the terms of heir contract in delivering excellent and safe customer service and that at all times there are resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet customer commitments.
- To build effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders (e.g. sales team, planning, customer service, TU).
- To ensure the future capability of stock and service through effective development – technically, professionally and for succession planning purposes.
- Instil a customer focussed culture and a right first time approach, maximising opportunities and value to the business and our customers
- Motivate and engage with the teams across Centrica when necessary to deliver business strategy whilst working towards continuous improvement.
- Set appropriate targets, manage performance, provide ongoing feedback and address training and development needs.
- Focus on all aspects of this development opportunity including behaviours and values.
- Carry out safety and quality control MBRs to ensure that that 3rd party supplier work complies with the standards and legislation expected by HI and Centrica, particularly, Health and Safety to ensure the wellbeing of employees, customers and their premises.
- Make commercially astute decisions for HI and negotiate the best deal within the framework of any contractual constraints.
- Help with the generation of additional income for the business, whilst controlling costs to improve the operations’ efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive solutions that reduce customer complaints, protect brand reputation and improve process efficiencies in order to increase customer retention and loyalty and to maximise sales opportunities.
- Execute strategies to improve HI`s’ Net Promoter scores and employee engagement results.
- Ensure the Op`s development team is kept up to date regarding safety matters, quality of service, individual, team and business performance, and other company developments.
- Manage operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Ensure customer related information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
The Operations Support Manager is one of a team reporting to the Installation Development Manager.
As such he/she must be able to lead, direct and motivate through the demonstration of the leadership behaviours.
Key areas of focus are:
- Highly effective at stakeholder management.
- Able to manage all aspects of influence on delivering the HI targets
- Strong at building relationships – across key HI stakeholders; with customers; TU
- Engagement and communication skills
- Helping the team manage change and ambiguity
- Ensuring compliance with all technical, quality, safety and other statutory requirements
- Management of high performing field based teams.
- Confidence and creditability with the ability to effectively communicate information and knowledge assertively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, whilst demonstrating empathy with customers and colleagues.
- Developed communications to drive behavioural and performance improvement.
- Impact and influencing skills.
- Effective decision making that will deliver business goals such as safety, productivity, quality, cost control, business growth, and service delivery.
- Ability to prioritise deliverables and plan accordingly.
- Ability to manage change and capacity to work flexibly.
- Able to manage self.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.
West London: Field Based