We require a strong and creative Acquisitions Lead to act as the key conduit between the operation, Director of Support and the Programme Team for one of our major strategic projects. The key focus of the role will be to ensure the delivery of a sustainable model and to support the operation in the ongoing delivery of process improvements, enhancement and optimisation from 2018 onward. You will be an integral part of our high profile Project that is designed to streamline our current supplier model and create a step change in how we deliver outcomes for our customers.
- Lead an and manage all customer and industry processes aligned to Wimbledon (project name) for UK Home/UK Business
- Instil a customer focussed culture with the intended suppliers and a right first time approach, driving and implementing strategies for volume growth and revenue generation; and to improve the businesses Net Promoter scores, Customer Satisfaction Survey & employee engagement and continuously reduce failure demand
- You will ensure the enduring solution is fit for purpose and does not inhibit the smooth running of the operation through the transition period.
- Ensure customer related information systems are operated to the required standard to maintain accurate & secure records.
- Ensure that the agreed third party performance targets meet our business goals and deliver effective outcomes for our customers, striking the right balance with the need to manage cost.
- Collaborate with colleagues and other key stakeholders to achieve the required outcomes, ensure that there is clear and coherent communication and feedback with the Outsource Strategy & Support Team to influence the overall outsource partner landscape
- Manage and support the smooth transition to the new model, challenging any risks to delivery in an appropriate and timely manner
- Creative with the ability to initiate incentives and expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate, to drive the business forward
- Create a safe environment with the aim of achieving a zero incident work space and ensuring that teams take responsibility for themselves and each other
This role will incorporate day to day engagement with operational teams to ensure all requirements are captured and fed into the project.
We require a self starter with the ability to work alone and create good networks across UK Home and UK Business. Attention to detail and a good working knowledge of the outsourced environment would be an advantage. You will identify and build key relationships quickly and remain composed and optimistic in the face of difficult and challenging situations
This role will be both rewarding and challenging and will require a self motivated, and highly organised. You will have autonomy in your role and the scope to make a difference as well as the opportunities to develop personally and professionally, and to progress your career
- Utility industry knowledge essential.
- A minimum of 2 years partnering/managing outsource providers within a similar size organisation would be advantageous
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work at pace, effective organisation and solid planning skills
- Strong commercial acumen and effective decision making that will deliver business goals and balance risks with internal and external stakeholders
- Budget management and the development/analysis of management information Work Experience
- Outsource Management or Supply chain background would be desirable.
- Knowledge and experience gained within a regulated environment
Salary up to 60k (dependent on experience) + Flexible Benefits Package
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button,
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. British Gas operates a preferred supplier list and when required will source candidates through these agencies.