Indirect Category Manager - Professional Services
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Global Category Manager for Professional Services will be responsible for end to end category management for all professional services efforts. The Category Manager must be well versed in the strategic sourcing discipline and be able to translate that methodology into practical plans for addressing spend. Advanced stakeholder development skills and working well in an open team environment and fast paced setting will also be integral to success in this role. This role is that of an individual contributor.
• 5-10+ years of diverse end to end category management, strategic sourcing, and negotiations experience, including responsibility for multiple indirect categories.
• Professional services category experience strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to create effective strategies
• Superior oral- and written-communications skills with the ability to influence all levels of an organization
• Experience negotiator with working knowledge of terms and conditions, redlining, and dealing with Legal team to ensure lowest possible risk and best value terms for the company
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to shift priorities and manage changing demands with a sense of urgency
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as reporting and analysis tools
• Project management experience
• Develop, implement and refine global sourcing strategies that result in enhanced value, revenue, breakthrough total-cost reduction and continuous improvement
• Proactively engage with business leaders and internal stakeholders to understand, create alignment and help achieve their business strategies and objectives.
• Conduct and interpret market-intelligence information.
• Perform industry, supply market and supply chain research/analytics.
• Uncover trends and best practices in category sourcing and outsourcing.
• Share knowledge, insight and advice in a way that contributes to long-term business strategies.
• Identify demand management opportunities and incorporate into appropriate strategies.
• Incorporate strategic sourcing methodology and tools that drive continuous improvement and optimize quality, cost, customer focus, innovation and relationship development within assigned categories.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text