Pricing Analyst – Costing and Deployment – Gas Specific -NAH Home
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Develop and implement residential gas pricing throughout the Northeast markets
Create prices for new and existing products
Maintain and validate model inputs and outputs
Drive profitable sales and customer retention through collaboration with commercial,
operations, finance, regulatory, sales, marketing and supply and trading teams
Work closely with Pricing Strategy and Analytics team
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Engineering with at least 2 years of experience in an energy-related field is required.
Heavy retail gas costing and choice program knowledge in New York, New England, Ohio, and PA is required
Must have high comprehension of gas valuation and asset management
Must have knowledge of Utility Price to Compare component build-up
Expert in MS Excel and mid-level SQL skills required.
Knowledge of ETRM, energy hedging and load forecasting a plus.
Able to build relationships and influence peers in various retail and wholesale groups to deliver results
Strong business acumen and commercial thinking
Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines on a continuous basis.
Detail oriented and able to produce accurate work products
Must have exceptional analytical skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
1. Responsible for accurate price calculation and timely deployment of rates
2. Develop prices for new products and market strategies
3. Own the pricing models and ensure their integrity and validity
4. Leverage end-to-end market understanding (wholesale market to customer life cycle) to drive a
rigorous and quantitatively-based view of product offerings and margins
5. Collaborate with colleagues to maximize gross margin potential
6. Work cross-functionally to understand all of the drivers of customer value and determine how
to incorporate these learnings into the pricing, product and hedging strategies
7. Develop and drive understanding around customer segmentation leading to specific pricing strategies
8. Integrate and manage products and prices into IT systems with keen focus on every customer billed correctly
9. Collaborate with wholesale pricing team to understand and validate the cost buildup of residential Cost of Goods Sold
10. Motivate, build and manage relationships across the organization to ensure smooth exchange of ideas and proper implementation of processes
11. Deliver accurate analysis and recommendations to management
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability