Customer Relations Executive
Customers all use energy for their businesses in many different ways and simply, they just need it to work. The energy industry can be complex and often our customers are faced with challenges.
The person will be working in the pinnacle of Customer Service dealing with high level complaints on behalf of the Customer Service Director and complaints escalated through our internal teams. We are looking for individuals who have a strong passion for our customers by working within policies whilst finding creative solutions. You will be the customer’s main point of contact, whilst building a relationship with them until resolution.
We recognise that our customers do not want to spend a great deal of time talking to their energy company and therefore we want our customers to go through an effortless experience, especially when they are faced with a problem. Primarily the role is to resolve customer’s complaints and finding solutions to avoid the customer having to contact us.
Excellent communication skills and a great telephone manner are a necessity as the role requires both verbal and written communication to our business customers.
- To own complaints through to resolution, managing customers expectations throughout their journey with us, resolving their problem by utilising support from our internal and external teams.
- Think creatively to find solutions that suit the customer’s needs and requirements. Have a good eye for detail and an ability to think outside the box.
- Work within deadlines to avoid missing customer promises and prioritise your own workload.
- Champion our customers and the promotion of excellent customer service, whilst taking the opportunity to discuss relevant products in line with customers business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the customer’s account is clean, and not just the complaint resolved, but health checking; ensuring data is up to date and supporting with options such as better suited payment methods or online account management.
- Engage in a culture where treating customers fairly and with respect is a key priority.
- Understand and adhere to the company and department standards, policies and procedures
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities, Love simplicity, Be Extraordinary Together & Do what’s Right
- Adhere to quality and compliance policies
- Be a confident and calm individual who is self-motivated, a strong team player who enjoys working autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to build rapport with customers both verbally and in written communication.
- Is passionate about problem solving, and thinking creatively to get something fixed
- Is eager to learn and share learnings with others
- Can demonstrate key negotiation and influencing skills
- Displays confidence when making decisions both being fair to the customer whilst considering the commercial impact
- Can demonstrate flexibility when communicating with different types of people – both our customers and internal teams
- Excellent time management/organisational skills - can manage multiple priorities
APPLICATION REQUIRES A COVERING LETTER AND CV TO BE UPLOADED.
Additional Website Text
This vacancy is open to all employees, contractors and temps working for Centrica who are not in their probationary period.
Please note that Centrica takes its responsibilities to redeployees seriously. Redeployees will therefore be considered before other applicants for this role. As a result, there may be a delay in response whilst our redeployee applications are being considered. Additionally, roles may be withdrawn if we identify a candidate in respect of whom we are legally obliged to offer a suitable role in priority over others. This might be because they are on shared parental leave, adoption leave, maternity leave, returning from military service, or because they are no longer able to carry out their former role due to a disability
Please be aware that all offers of employment for this role are subject to a background check, including criminal and financial checks