Digital Optimisation Manager
We have an opportunity for a dedicated Digital Optimisation Manager who will be responsible for delivering and implementing A/B and MVT best practice and a testing roadmap, across both mobile devices and desktop for our British Gas b2b digital presence.
Applicants must have working experience of a multivariate testing tool, ideally Maxymiser, and Adobe Site Catalyst to be considered.
This role will work closely with the UK Business digital team, as well as stakeholders throughout the business.
You are an experienced optimisation specialist who has developed and implemented a conversion rate optimisation strategy. You will be a naturally curious analyst who is creative, enthusiastic and a dynamic self-starter, able to help shape the future of UK Business Marketing through its Digital presence. Applicants must be skilled in providing solutions for optimising customer journeys and able to support the Digital Analytics and Insight Manager with planning and delivering the optimisation strategy in line with best practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the digital team and key stakeholders to embed a testing culture and consult on identifying the right initiatives to test.
- Supporting the Digital Analytics and Insight Manager with analysis, testing and planning in line with best practice.
- Devising and embedding a proactive A/B & MVT testing process that ensures good quality testing and meaningful results, in support of business priorities
- Executing tests from initial set up to reporting insights and next steps.
- Working closely with developers where appropriate to ensure site changes are correctly implemented and tested.
- Monitoring and reporting test results, utilising multiple data sets including Maxymiser and Adobe site catalyst, ensuring statistical relevance.
- Delivering weekly / monthly progress reports and providing educational sessions within the digital team.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of A/B & MVT testing.
- Excellent communication skills, able to interpret data and provide meaningful insight to a non-technical audience
- Good knowledge of digital analytics using Adobe Site Catalyst.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and manage third parties including agencies.
- Ability to draw up requirements & business cases.
- Evidence of a disciplined approach to optimisation and evaluation - e.g. setting clear objectives and measuring success.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be beneficial.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated self-starter
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Credible and articulate, with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relay analytical insight to internal and external stakeholders with various levels of analytical and digital knowledge and at all levels of seniority
Salary: Competitive plus extensive benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Digital Optimisation Manager R9923685’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.