Summer Student Gas Plant Operator
The power engineering summer student is responsible for assisting in the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and processes of the Hanlan Robb Gas Plant located near Edson, Alberta.
- Assist in maintaining processing reliability and product quality in the plant, while optimizing production volumes in a safe environment.
- Assist the Unit Operator in the Operation and preparation of equipment, for maintenance, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Review and work in compliance, as required by company safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in Operating procedure reviews and development.
- Enter near misses or events as required.
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Currently registered in an educational program that leads towards a Power Engineering Certificate or has completed a course in Power Engineering
- A valid Alberta driver’s license
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An innovative and energetic personality
Centrica Exploration & Production (C E&P) is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. C E&P (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at https://www.centrica.com/careers to apply online.