Deliver the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) agenda across Merchant Power operations in order to maximise HSE performance.
Understand and mitigate HSE risks across operational safety, process safety, safety from the system, construction management and environmental compliance to ensure minimum harm to people and the environment.
- Support implementation of policies, standards, guidance and HSES improvement programs within Operation and Project Teams
- Provide proactive support to the Merchant Power HSE Advisors; driving the direction, inputting to HSE plans, and supporting asset teams with their implementation
- Manage operational documentation updates and develop in collaboration new or revisions of documents in line with the BMS system
- Develop and leverage appropriate networks including maintaining and influencing relationships with key Centrica partners
- Keep abreast of legislative change and ensure that operating assets are legally compliant and in line with industry best practice
- Participate in HSE working groups for developing new ways of working across all HSE disciplines
- Participate in HSE stream due diligence reviews for vendor selection
- Develop, support and inspire the Merchant Power HSE community and promote best practice through practical support and leading by example Develop and deliver training where required
- Drive consistency through gap analysis of existing HSE processes to influence forward planning priorities
- Deputise for the Head of HSES where appropriate
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills. Able to inspire and lead others without line management authority.
- Extensive knowledge of HSE systems, practices and legislation.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret legislative requirements and advise/influence accordingly.
- Degree level or equivalent
- Professional Health and Safety qualification to diploma level or equivalent is desirable
- Business qualification desirable
- Track record of managing HSE with the ability to influence and embed a HSE agenda at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of operating operational phases of the asset lifecycle.
- Experience of technical HSE functions (e.g. environment, process safety, risk & assurance).
- Experience of managing a team
- Ability to develop and deliver training within the health & safety discipline
- Educated to degree level
- Chartered status of IOSH desirable
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: HSE Manager R9923490’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.