Director, North American Power and Gas Forecasting
Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- Strong communication skills and confidence to update senior management on team’s performance.
- Proven experience with Database Management Systems (Oracle, SQL Server) and querying, and/or statistical programming tools.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in engineering, the basic sciences, economics, or business.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a load forecasting role.
- Experience in managing people.
- Head up the team responsible for power and gas load forecasting for NA Business and NA Home.
- Also, lead the Data Management team responsible for load updates and tracking sales variances.
- Drive the team forward in implementing the new forecasting landscape that will begin after Project Amplify. During the next year, a large part of this role will be to enhance our load forecasting abilities while integrating 3 different forecasting systems into one load forecasting platform.
- Work with the VP’s of Power and Gas, along with the SVP of NAGP in aligning KPI’s for the teams to improve their forecasting accuracy.
- Develop the vision and strategy for the team, supporting that vision and strategy through action plans and broad based stakeholder management.
- Create an environment for the team to work collaboratively with the trading group, product control, pricing and IT.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Director of North American Pricing to help us achieve a more robust pricing methodology in regards to customer usage.
- Develop processes to improve the variances we experience between sales reporting and financial reports such as the Waterfalls.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability