Continuous Improvement Senior Coach
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Senior Coach will lead a team of CI Coaches to upskill and coach CI Champions and Business Leaders to use STAR methodology to improve cultural and operational ways of working.
- Create a safe environment with the aim of achieving a zero incident workspace and ensuring that teams take responsibility for themselves and each other
- Lead the work stream to deliver 3 – 5 year CI agenda
- Upskill and coach CI Champions and Business Leaders to use STAR methodology to improve cultural & operational ways of working
- Work closely with colleagues in allocated vertical (Field Operations / Support and Resource & Planning / Credit & Collections / Customer Service Services / Customer Service Energy / Sales and Digital
- Lead on and contribute to work streams to deliver objectives set out in the business plan
- Prioritise, plan and contribute to the delivery of work streams to agreed outcomes, deadlines and budget
- Lead, motivate, develop and manage the quality output of team of CI coaches
- Collaborate with colleagues to achieve the required outcome
- Report on progress, presenting clear, timely and justifiable conclusions and recommendations for action where decisions are needed
- Manage issues, and regularly review risks, escalating where relevant
- Offer feedback and ideas for continuous improvement, motivating colleagues to do the same
- Lead by example, in line with Centrica approach and values
- Subject matter expertise of the various CI methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Systems Thinking)
- The ability to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver timely and effective CI projects
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good knowledge of the operational processes & systems for the Customer Operations business units
- Some knowledge of British Gas and its customers
- Leadership skills, providing direction to team, supporting them to achieve planned goals, ensuring that individuals build capability & skills to fulfil their roles, recognising and rewarding performance appropriately and holding them to account
- Understanding of our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs
- Benefits tracking – ensuring that the agreed objectives and the actual outcomes are achieved and understood, and that lessons from experience are learned
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Ability to remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments
- Ability to stand back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Hands-on experience of implementing improvements in a continuous improvement role
- Experience of collaborating with stakeholders
- Experience of leading a team
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Continuous Improvement Senior Coach R9921063’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.