Gas Plant Operator 2
Reporting to the Plant Foreman, the Gas Plant Operator will be responsible for all aspects of gas plant operations in a safe and effective manner. You will support the lead operator & foreman and liaise with departments to ensure that all activities and personal are in compliance with CE Standards, programs and applicable government regulations.
This is a full time operator position based out of the Hanlan Robb Gas Plant (Edson area).
- Maintain processing reliability and product quality in the plant while optimizing production volumes in a safe environment
- Prepare equipment for maintenance in a safe and efficient manner
- Monitor equipment and process parameters
- Monitor equipment and initiate repairs or service through the use of CMMS
- Assess safety procedures and compliance and act accordingly
- Enter compliance reports and near misses or events as required
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Assist in the development and maintenance of operating procedures
- ABSA Power Engineering Certificate, with a minimum of a Third Class and preference to those that have Second Class Certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy and knowledge of automated operations systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team player capable of working closely with all maintenance and operations groups
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to process changes and modifications
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts for 24/7 coverage
- Previous experience in gas processing is an asset
Centrica Exploration & Production (C E&P) is an international business operating in the UK, Netherlands, Norway, Canada and Trinidad and Tobago, delivering a balanced mix of gas and oil production, power generation and energy trading. C E&P (Canada) is a top ten gas weighted producer in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin with 6760 operating wells and over 600 people across our Western Canada operations.
We operate our businesses reliably and efficiently and by strategically developing energy resources to meet growing consumer demands. Our continuing success is driven by a high performance, pioneering and safety focused culture where the achievements of our people really matter and make a difference.
Please visit our careers page at https://www.centrica.com/careers to apply online.