Transaction Management Analyst
The Transaction Analyst is a key member of the DEB Canada Back Office Operations team focused on inbound and outbound transactions within the systems and with the utility. Their primary role will be to monitor the transactional flows and to communication with the utilities on questions, requests and issues. The successful candidate will build working relationships with other operational teams and business units as well as various Canadian Utilities. They will also be assisting with the development and reporting of Canadian transactional activities. This individual must be able to learn other roles within the team and assist where needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience required, preferably Computer Science
• 1-3 years of job experience in a relative field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Visio, Excel); knowledge of SQL a plus
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret data, identify trends and translate that into application and operational changes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including teammates, managers and utilities.
• Interaction with cross-functional groups including Operations, IT and Finance
• Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Good knowledge of deregulated electricity markets
• Ability to travel when required, will need a passport for international travel.
• Team player
• Monitor and report on all transactional activity within the Canadian and vendor platforms
• Create and maintain a transactional dashboard and identify any trends or areas of improvement for automation
• Effectively communicate to management and other business units any potential issues or gaps as they arise
• Identify areas of opportunity and lead initiatives for system automation where applicable
• Research, evaluate, and analyze information gathered from multiple sources to document business requirements and recommend solutions
• Support the creation of desktop procedures / job aides, and training materials
• Assist with market rule documentation; research, documentation and follow up on outstanding questions with utility
• Monitor and report on incoming and outgoing market transactions at a holistic level
• Aid in researching transactional exceptions
• Work with off-shore team to ensure processes are being completed on a daily basis
• Work with other team members to identify and develop different reporting on market transactions and data integrity
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability