Planning Analyst, Smart
To develop and maintain accurate supply and demand forecasts, complete forecast variance analysis and reporting and provide recommendations to support operational leaders in making optimum use of available resource in order to achieve Service Level targets.
Safety Compliance & Conduct
- Understand the health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements that are relevant to the work being carried out by UK Field Operations. Increase awareness of how behaviours define the culture of Smart Installations & Metering and commit to specific ways of inspiring others to place Health/Wellbeing, Safety and our principal regulatory obligations at the heart of all they do.
- Guide the evolution of Smart Installations & Metering strategy responding to changing regulatory, technological and customer risks & opportunities and influencing where necessary.
- Whilst the role will focus primarily on developing long and medium term capacity plans across smart installations & metering, there is a requirement for the Senior Forecasting Analyst to support with short term forecasting to ensure we meet our regulatory commitments.
- Prioritise capacity & demand fulfilment based on business objectives and customer promise.
- Analyse all supply and demand components using appropriate techniques and tools, interpreting the outcomes and providing solutions to deliver desired customer outcomes.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to influence medium and long term visibility of likely demand that will drive SEE productivity and utilisation.
- Utilising expertise across Centrica, draw up and shape strategic plans that are based on business needs to demonstrate all reasonable steps during the smart rollout.
Business Planning & Forecasting
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate forecasts made, to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the business planning & forecasting function, and to work towards continuous improvement.
- Accurately record and maintain mutual exclusion conditions, assumptions, input parameters & values/distributions and output values & conclusions at national, regional and district level.
- Designing and building complex database models to perform analysis on large diverse datasets that contain multiple demand drivers, productivity & utilisation inputs and conditional formulas.
Share conceptual, innovative thinking in forecasting and workforce planning methods and techniques with less experienced operational leaders across Centrica to ensure Smart Installations & Metering delivers its key metrics.
- Visually creative, with a good understanding of UX aesthetics.
- Strong experience in SAS (essential) and MS Excel, plus at least one other SQL dialect desired (e.g. SQL server, MS Access, Oracle PLSQL, MySQL).
- Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues.
- Experience in applying analytical techniques, to calculate problems such as predictive forecasting, prescriptive action, capacity planning.
- Programming experience in VB, VBA, SQL, Python or MatLab - essential.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and model users to identify their particular use case requirements, to design appropriate solutions to load data, perform complex calculations, derive corollaries and deliver interface tools to provide repeatable visual output.
- Qualification in Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics or highly numerate science
- Previous experience of forecasting across a complex multidisciplinary large field workforce.
- Experience of analytics packages, including visualisation packages (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI and Spotfire)
- Salary – Up to £38,000 plus bonus and benefits
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Planning Analyst, Smart R9922884’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com