Transformation Manager (Planning and Dispatch)
Salary: In the region of £50,000, £5,100 car allowance, bonus and extensive benefits
The Planning & Dispatch function is embarking on a transformation of its Planning & Dispatch platform to deliver a step-change in the service it provides to our customers, the P&D Transformation Manager will be responsible for supporting both the development of the design and the delivery of this transformation, working in close collaboration with our key stakeholders across British Gas.
- You will undertake analysis to help establish key requirements and outcomes to lead to the delivery of a world class planning & dispatch platform to transform the service we deliver to our customers
- You will help gather external best practice to be used to optimise our internal capabilities, developing our approach to analytics and dynamic risk modelling and set up the right performance and controls framework
- Work stream owner for P&D Transformation programme activities - ensure delivery of the, UK Field Operations (UKFO) strategic objectives for an integrated P&D platform
- Accountable for supporting the design of the optimal model and platform for the future of UK Field Operations which includes the infrastructure we have, the models we use, our risk appetite, our customer contact strategy, our performance metrics and our hand offs between functions
- Develop the P&D Transformation roadmap, plans and milestones, and manage execution against it – producing regular reporting on activities you are accountable for
- Identify risks throughout the transformation programme lifecycle and manage mitigation action plans
People and Leadership
- Requirements gathering and scope definition activities, working closely with IS colleagues to ensure that the solution design delivers the agreed operational and customer requirements
- Work with the Head of P&D Transformation to ensure the programme is well communicated across the organisation, driving engagement and understanding of the programme and its outcomes
- Champion and role model outstanding behaviours and apply British Gas values in all day to day activities
- Positive Disruption
- Self-awareness/Personal Development Orientation
- Ability to produce clear, concise documents and analysis using PowerPoint and Excel and other tools to present complex information in simple & engaging ways to enable clear decision making
- Excellent communication, teamwork and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of operational processes & systems for the Field Operations business units
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to source/interpret complex data and turn into actionable insight. Tell the story behind the numbers
- Ability to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver in a timely and effective way
- Remains focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Experience of programme management and/or system integration
- Knows and understands project lifecycle
- A background in a customer focused environment
- Understanding of the drivers of operational excellence and great customer service
- Experience of engaging and influencing senior stakeholders across the business
- Facilitation of requirements gathering from cross organisation teams to develop significant business initiatives
- Leadership and support of cross-organisation teams to deliver complex initiatives successfully
- Understanding of regulatory, quality, safety and other statutory requirements relevant to the industry and service
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Transformation Manager (Planning and Dispatch) R9916020’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.