Operational Delivery Manager - West London
You will lead, manage and engage a large team of contractors to ensure we deliver safely an industry leading service. In particular you will ensure we are compliant in everything we do including meeting and exceeding all our HSE responsibilities, operational delivery and proactive management of a tier two contractor workforce with a focus on compliance, quality and customer care.
Please note the location of the patch is West London, however we would need the applicants to be flexible and support the business needs.
Safety, Compliance and Conduct
- To ensure all our work is safe and compliant in both technical as well as from a Health and Safety view
- To manage the installation work in line with our responsibilities using CDM 2015
- Ensure safety, quality control and productivity assessments are carried out so that all work complies with current codes of practice, standards and legislation, particularly, Health and Safety, to ensure the wellbeing of employees, customers and their premises
- Undertake all necessary checks to ensure that installed services and equipment can be reasonably and safely maintained
- Ensuring that where applicable, subcontractor’s operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly and that all plant and equipment used is tested, maintained and certified as specified
- To be the first point of contact for any operational queries for both internal and external stakeholders to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Record and report all defective materials and sub-standard quality/workmanship that do not meet the project specification/s
- Maintenance of exemplary delivery and quality control of installation projects
- To procure and build an installation capability to ensure we have enough labour to meet the sales teams needs and deliver our plans
- To support the Commercial Installation Managers and the admin teams where required with operational support and experience
- Prepare and actively participate in the project hand over process and ensure that appropriate documentations have been provided against a project handover check list
People and Leadership
- To lead a team of contractors to ensure Safety and Customer care are at the forefront of everything we do
- Management of project performance of a multi-trade subcontractor workforce
- Be able to document and show evidence of contractor management both proactive and reactive when required through monthly 121’s and meetings, forums, training & risk management.
- Business knowledge and understanding
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Communication experience
- Performance and delivery focused
- Project management
- Understanding of CDM 2015 and the roles and responsibilities of each person/ groups
- Good literacy and numerical ability
- Gas Safe qualification
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification for example - (IOSH or CITB 3 Day SSSTS, relevant CSCS card)
- IPAF, PASMA, OFTEC & any electrical competency certification would be advantageous
- Strong communication and management of stakeholders
- Evidence of strong Coaching and facilitating skills
- Creative and able to implement initiatives to improve performance
- Previous experience of managing a team within a customer service operation
- Ability to gain insight from data
- Salary - Competitive
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Operational Delivery Manager - West London R9923011’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com