Team Manager JD Leicester Spinneyside
The Credit Operations Team has a significantly challenging target to half the Bad Debt Charge in the next year to c. £50m. The Credit team in UKB will support this strategy through working with a number of key stakeholders, industry and customers directly to drive improvements in cash collection of debt and/or resolve queries to mitigate debt building and ageing.
The right candidate will have the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team of collectors to achieve challenging targets, while providing world class customer service. You will need to work collaboratively with the other Collection Team Managers to deliver the full end to end service for our customers.
- Directly lead a team of credit controllers and will inspire, lead and develop your team on a daily basis, including poor performance and sickness as well as high achievers, in order to achieve maximum productivity and maintain performance to ensure all targets are met
- Deliver on fundamental business KPI’s such as, bad debt charge, cash collection, quality & assurance, productivity, service delivery, absence and customer and employee satisfaction, effectively reducing the aged debt whilst recognising the effect on the provision and prioritising to this.
- Conduct regular one-to-ones with your team members, identifying development opportunities and service excellence.
- Adhere to and help to develop processes to ensure the successful running of the department and wider business.
- Build strong relationships with teams across the business to deliver on business wide KPI’s
- Provide leadership and drive with all other team leaders to exceed customer and debt challenges
- Have good analytical skills to understand opportunities to improve debt collection opportunities
- Support peers to work as one team to embed the appropriate quality standards and expected behaviours
- Be able to adjust in a rapidly changing working environment and work to stretching and challenging deadlines
- To manage the team to ensure effective collection of aged debt
- To produce on a monthly basis aged debt and cash collection forecasts, ensuring that targets are met wherever possible.
- Monitoring, analysing, and identifying, risk customers to the business and managing their relationships.
- Contribute along with the rest of the business to achieve the customer satisfaction target.
- Recognize the media implication on commercial decision-making.
- To effectively and consistently manage the team to ensure they meet stretched and challenging cash collection targets
- Ensure that the shared targets are met on a monthly basis.
- Coach and support the Credit Controllers
- Support all team members in their day-to-day activities
- Actively promote team working and relationships for the wider business
- Support and demonstrate the company values.
- Be able to build and maintain a positive, hard working credit team and establish relationships with internal and external customers. Manage additional stakeholders.
Competitive Salary up to 30k (Dependent on Experience), plus excellent benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Team Manager R9923461’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.