Channel Development Manager
The primary objective for this role is to generate and manage sales and services with minimal supervision, selling natural gas and electric products and services, while maintaining strong business relationships with Channel Partners identified and assigned in each designated sales territory. This individual will be responsible for managing Channel Partner relationships, identifying and promoting strategies to capture new customers, and maintaining existing customer base.
- Ideal candidate must possess Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, marketing, management, engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years sales or related experience or 1 year energy related experience
- Must be able to apply market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences, and working closely with all internal departments.
- Knowledge and understanding of gas/electric utility tariffs.
- Build strong, professional and long term Channel Partner/customer relationships.
- Positive professional demeanor and appearance to act as a positive representation of Direct Energy in front of Channel Partner/customers.
- Good interpersonal skills, including establishing rapport with Channel Partners/customers through regular contact by phone and in person in order to build long term relationships.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and follow through skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and experience with sales automation applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong desire to meet with channel partners face-to-face at their offices
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast paced sales environment.
- Must be self-directed and able to learn business and new products quickly. A strong desire to succeed.
- Aptitude to work independently and to adapt to changing industry demands and internal and external factors.
- This position is responsible for delivery of agreed sales targets in terms of overall gross and net margin, customer numbers, and energy volumes in the defined market segment.
- Achieve target margin goals by selling competitive gas and/or electric commodity through approved Channel Partners.
- Sales process includes driving sales using appropriate pricing tools, obtaining needed usage information, preparing offers, negotiating and closing of deals within an acceptable time frame, obtaining authorization on contracts, and other required documentation, and acting as a liaison between operations and the Channel Partner/customer as needed.
- Manage multiple Channel Partner relationships and develop solid relationships with top tier partners. Visit (face to face) top tier Channel Partners at least quarterly to review sales results.
- Maintain all aspects of the ongoing Channel Partner relationship, track all activity/progress on the account site, and provide pre and post-sales support for the Channel Partner.
- Must have excellent product and market knowledge to educate Channel Partners/customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Provide all information necessary to customer agreements and to ensure completion of all necessary customer agreements.
- Remain current on the competition and market conditions. Provide input on market activities to the appropriate marketing and management personnel.
- Prepare competitive intelligence for management as needed.
- Support the internal company systems by working cooperatively and effectively with all internal departments to ensure customer set up / renewal.
- Position will support channel partners in the combined New England and Upstate NY region and have responsibility to the manager of that region.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are a Equal Employment Opportunity
employer--M/F/disability/protected veteran status