Head of Risk and Controls
Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
- Location: Hull
- Full time; Permanent
What will you be doing?
You will develop and implement a strategy for improving the awareness of business risk across CSL and improve the control environment, ensuring that we can meet our strategic objectives within compliance and regulatory frameworks. The role involves significant involvement with the senior management team within CSL, functional teams and the wider Centrica group.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Responsible for implementing the CSL risk and controls strategy and the associated resourcing plan from across the business
- Managing the risk and controls framework to ensure all business risks are captured and assessed, and that all risks are clearly mapped to the controls mitigating them
- Responsible for obtaining buy-in and approval for the refreshed risk and controls framework and communicating the changes across the business
- Responsible for ensuring the risk and controls reporting links in a consistent and coherent manner to the appropriate Governance forums including the CSL Business Risk Management Committee (BRMC), Financial Risk Management Committee (FRMC), GHSE, Centrica Controls Board (CCB) and Group Risk Management Committee (GRMC)
- Develop and maintain relationships with the other business units in Centrica and use these to ensure CSL benefits from the experience gained
- Responsible for reviewing the coverage of control frameworks across the business and propose plans to address the gaps
- Responsible for understanding the impact of business change on the control environment and working with the Business Change Managers to ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate emerging risks
- Establish a process to integrate IT general, application and interface controls into the overall controls framework, testing and process
- Review and improve the processes to track and report progress against actions and audit gaps
- Manage and oversee the operation of risk and controls management systems (Issue Manager/ARIS) and other reporting tools
- Manage and oversee the annual CSL Insurance Programme
- Establish mechanisms that reduce risk and cost
To be great in this role.....
You’ll be able to deal with and explain key facts succinctly and effectively to all people throughout the organisation, from junior colleagues to senior management. You’ll have the ability to effectively communicate information and knowledge assertively, whilst demonstrating empathy with customers and colleagues. In addition you will have:
- Thorough understanding of how to develop a key controls framework
- Understanding of the importance of IS & Programme controls
- ARIS proficient (desirable)
- MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook proficient
- Ability to manage change and capacity to work flexibly whilst prioritising deliverables and planning accordingly
- Thorough understanding of what delivers great customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to display confidence and creditability
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Head of Risk and Controls R9923515’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.