Procurement Master Data Analyst
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This position will support operations by monitoring and analyzing master data, key data, and master relationship data within the procurement organization.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality for Product and Vendor Masters
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Provides assistance in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards.
- Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Several years of experience in data analysis or computer programming.
- Experience working with industry standards, regulations, and guidelines in database warehousing and other relevant systems.
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers, and management.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good skills in data administration, design, and architecture.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred but not required.
- Experience working with Procurement preferred.
- Experience working with information security practices and available security software packages.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures, and data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets.
- Conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
- Develops and implements strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs to ensure that business needs are met.
- Provides data consulting in support of business and information technology initiatives to clients to improve client database systems.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability