We are looking for a Regulatory Manager to join us here at British Gas to help us navigate the complex and changing energy supply market framework in the UK, for the benefit of our customers.
- Location – Staines (TW18), London
- Package circa: Competitive salary with £5k travel allowance, bonus, pension, private medical
Focussing on the downstream UK energy market, your strategic objective is to ensure that the UK regulatory framework promotes competition, innovation and good customer outcomes.
Within our small team, each Regulatory Manager leads on influencing high profile policy areas and implementing regulatory change. For instance, we currently cover the regulator’s move towards Principles Based Regulation (PBR) of the retail energy market. We also advise on several remedies from the recent Competition and Market Authority (CMA) investigation.
The role presents significant opportunities for personal development, and tools for progression. You will engage directly with senior leaders, both internally and externally. You will develop a close understanding of the UK energy supply market, from the perspective of the market leader. You will understand market trends, customer needs and commercial strategies.
We are looking for someone who –
- Has a degree in economics (preferably at postgraduate level) or law - those with significant experience in applying economic concepts in the field of public and regulatory policy will also be considered
- Excellent analytical skills – you will need to translate complex information to a non-specialist audience and use complex data to draw sound conclusions
- Understanding and interest in commercial strategy and consumer markets We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have public policy or regulatory policy experience working for Central Government, regulators or regulated companies.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have public policy or regulatory policy experience working for Central Government, regulators or regulated companies.
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Regulatory Manager R9921575’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.