Centrica Storage Limited (CSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc and is legally, financially and physically separate from the rest of Centrica. CSL operates the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. It is the largest gas storage facility in the UK, providing approximately 70% of space and able to meet approximately 10% of the UK’s current peak gas demand.
- Location: Hull (Hedon)
- Full time; Permanent
What will you be doing?
You’ll contribute to the achievement of the required reliability of CSL’s operational assets by supporting the development and management of appropriate commercial relationships with external third party supplies, works and service providers in line with best commercial practice. You’ll ensure that cost-effective and high performing contracts and agreements are delivered to assigned teams and ensure that CSL is not exposed to unnecessary contractual and commercial risk in the course of its business. Your day to day duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation and management of a detailed schedule for the award of service or material contracts
- Develop contracting strategies and tender plans for assigned teams and specialist contracts, supporting the delivery of contract performance targets
- Liaise with all relevant departments to prepare the required contracts, compile invitations to tender incorporating appropriate terms, as well as technical, quality and HS&E requirements
- Support or lead the tendering, evaluation and negotiation process in relation to the award of contracts
- Draft contracts and agreements, process amendments and variations
- Provide comprehensive statistical reports for Management and other departments to ensure effective control is maintained
- Identify opportunities to develop and promote relationships with contractors, suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Carry out monthly, quarterly, or annual supplier performance reviews and support supplier audits
- Contribute and make recommendations for the improvement of Supply Chain policies and processes
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of technology, industry supply chain initiatives and market trends/pricing
To be great in this role.....
We’re looking for a proven relationship builder with first class negotiation skills and well developed problem solving skills. You’ll have great drive, energy and enthusiasm coupled with a proven track record of setting up and managing high value commercial arrangements. In addition you’ll have the following skills:
- Substantial experience in managing contracts
- Extensive knowledge of procurement policies, procedures and legislation
- Sound commercial awareness and up-to-date knowledge of industry/regulatory contracting practices
- Numerate, analytical and logical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to degree level at first degree or masters level
- Member of relevant professional organisation e.g. CIPS
- Proven expertise in a particular aspect of offshore operations e.g. drilling, projects, construction
- Good knowledge of office/supply chain IT systems/software
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits package
Centrica Storage Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centrica plc. With our head office in Staines and main engineering office in Hedon, we operate the Rough gas storage facility in the southern North Sea, the York off and onshore gas processing facility and the Easington onshore gas processing terminal in East Yorkshire. Our Rough gas storage facility, the largest in the UK represents around 75% of UK’s current storage capacity. Gas is stored in the Rough field on behalf of a large number of customers, including utilities, gas traders and gas producers. Centrica Storage's commercial team is separated from those parts of Centrica that deal in gas supply, gas shipping, trading and storage procurement
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Contract Manager R9923422’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.