SMART metering and installations Analyst
Smart Metering and Installations are tasked with installing Smart meters in the homes of British Gas customers across Great Britain. As an Analyst in the Analysis and Insight team you will be required to look objectively at the complexities, challenges and opportunities faced by British Gas as we look to install Smart meters in c.10m properties across Great Britain.
- Working with L7 Senior Analysts and business stakeholders, you will be responsible for extracting data from multiple sources, manipulating data/data validation, conducting analysis and developing logical conclusions
- You’ll need to plan, prioritise, communicate and ensure delivery of measurement, analytics and insight to internal audiences (i.e. operations, planning & dispatch, supply chain, finance, customer services and commercial).
- Monitor, maintain, enhance and expand critical data sources and reporting to ensure comprehensive and accurate data is available for analytics and reporting
- Become a recognised expert on your allocated subject areas (e.g. Health and Safety, operational performance or customer portfolio) who is able to provide data-led insight and expertise (sometimes at short notice) to business stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel, VBA, PowerPoint, Access etc.) is a must.
- SQL and SAS skills are a pre-requisite given the responsibilities of this role.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and/or statistics is desirable but not essential
- Able to gather and interpret business requirements, turning them in to clear analytical hypotheses and agreeing the way forward with stakeholders
- Effective time management skills, able to manage competing deadlines and prioritise accordingly.
- Creatively-minded and inquiring. Must have ability to look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with new analytical angles and creative solutions
- Able to translate complex analysis in to clear, actionable insight in plain English for business stakeholders and field leadership
- The work will be varied and at times there will be short notice and urgent requirements that will require some flexibility
- Bring a positive attitude to wider Analysis and Insight team development. Challenge the way things are done and continuously look to share knowledge and skills with team members
- Although not essential, a degree (or higher) in Maths, Physics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or similar numerate or technical discipline is advantageous. Equivalent professional experience would also be highly valued
- Previous experience in an analytical role involving data manipulation is highly desirable. Exposure to and knowledge of, the UK residential energy market and / or Smart Metering implementation would be advantageous but not essential
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing SMART metering and installations Analyst R9916110 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.