BD Finance Manager, EMT
The role of BD Finance Manager - EM&T will focus on providing decision support to EM&T’s front office commercial teams. Working with the BD Finance leads for Origination, LNG and Transaction Support this role will provide critical additional resource to review new contracts, strategies and markets which are critical to supporting EM&T’s planned growth.
The role will also provide a critical link to Centrica Technical accounting team, assessing the technical accounting complexity of new contracts, understanding impact from Centrica’s key accounting principles and escalating technical clarifications to the group team where there is uncertainty.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Understand business strategy and its translation into financial impacts, and support its effective communication across Finance
- Have the business and finance knowledge to efficiently facilitate interchange and relationships between the business and Finance Operations
- Develop deep understanding of key drivers of revenue and costs, cashflow, and risks and opportunities and be conversant with the translation of commercial issues into financial impacts
- Support the Director, Business Development Finance by providing robust, thoughtful and highly analytical finance and strategic support to the businesses to drive improvements in financial performance
Provide Decision Support
- Engage and contribute to the decision making process on new business proposals, strategies and objectives. Be cognisant of implications of proposals and changes to business strategy for EM&T. Enhance, adapt and develop reporting to accommodate changing strategies.
- Support the Operational Readiness assessments of new opportunities to highlight and address issues which enable the business to roll out new contracts quickly and efficiently.
- Co-ordinate, prepare and report findings from Post Investment Reviews assessing the performance of contracts against their business case assumptions, working with other teams to assess the market, hedging or strategic changes that have impacted on the outturn performance. Ensure lessons learned are captured in future deal valuation assessments.
- Champion transparent and timely communication of business performance matters, including escalation of issues to ensure that key messages which underpin performance are clearly understood by all stakeholders.
Key competencies required to carry out the role competently and effectively
- Ability to pro-actively develop positive and highly effective working relationships, influencing management on delivery and relevant strategy
- Strategic thinking – able to step away from the detail and combine data with external trends and market data to see the bigger picture
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to provide check and challenge to the business in their decision making in an effective and constructive manner
- A demonstrated ability in commercial analysis and evaluation, with strong commercial acumen to support delivery of business goals
- Strong ability to summarise complex matters and communicate effectively to influence a range of audiences
- Capable of managing multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment and engage resource across the business and finance to deliver work to tight deadlines
- Ability to identify, assess and analyse organisation wide operational risks and controls
- Educated to degree level
- IT literate – excellent Excel skills are essential.
- Experience in Trading/Financial Services firms or FS practice of Big Four firm
- Strong understanding of IFRS especially with reference to Trading and Financial services
- Previous commercial and analytical finance experience beneficial
- Accounting qualification required (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS)
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: BD Finance Manager, EMT R9923029’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.