Market Analyst- NA Distributed Energy
Distributed Energy is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and energy-producing assets they have on their own sites. In North America, we have existing and forthcoming solutions that we want to offer to customers within the commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors.
The Product Management function is responsible for design of the commercial programs for existing solutions and future-state offers; and should feel ownership and is accountable over the flourishing and proliferation of such solutions throughout North America.
- 5-10 years of work experience in energy-related field
- Proven analytical, organizational, and research skills; high level of numeracy
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Creativity and willingness to present and test new and innovative ideas
- Ability to translate technical and/or complex information into key messages tailored to specific audiences
- Ability to travel occasionally for business within North America
- Bachelor’s degree required - STEM, Economics or Energy-related fields preferred
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- CDSM, CEM, PMP, LEED all beneficial
The Market Analyst will work with internal and external partners to ensure coverage of all regulatory proceedings that present opportunities, risks or threats to the Distributed Energy and Power suite of product offerings.
- Monitor, review and analyze communications from ISOs, utilities, external regulatory consultants, trade associations and internal regulatory groups to understand any relevant market developments
- Summarize and proactively communicate market changes and potential impact on the business
- Liaise with internal regulatory and commercial teams to propose and develop integrated policy position, mitigating strategies or advocacy approach to support NADE products
- Proactively identify opportunities for Distributed Energy & Power to enter into commercial arrangements with utilities, ISOs, states or other stakeholders to monetize NADE products and capabilities
- Work collaboratively with other energy companies through trade organizations and other business groups to address marketplace issues
- Work with the team (Product Managers and Business Analysts) to develop business cases
- Research, monitor and understand competitive landscape
A Market Analyst will perform these duties for NADE products, including: Panoramic Power, Demand Response, Combined-Heat-and Power Systems, Solar, Battery Storage, Demand-Charge Management, Distributed Generation Sets, and Fuel Cells.
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>