Analyst, Asset Operations
Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- BS degree required.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Successful completion and maintenance of the PJM System Operator Certification required.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conflict resolution skills required.
- Advanced Excel and database skills preferred.
- Experience with scheduling, power plant operations and system operations preferred.
Primary Focus: This role is involved with all aspects of the physical and financial energy markets. The candidate must have the ability to quickly analyze and respond to emerging market conditions. The candidate will be part of an integral team that will assure effective execution of developed hedge strategies for generation assets. The candidate must effectively perform various functions and have the ability to work non-standard business hours.
- Execute generation costing, scheduling, and dispatch functions to assure adherence to all normal and emergency procedures.
- Accurate execution and scheduling of all demand, supply, fuel , heat rate, bilateral, physical and virtual transactions.
- Provide daily shadow settlements based on best available data.
- Follow approved operating procedures and flexible work schedule required for 24x7 coverage.
- Develop strategies to optimize the Company net position through adjustment of supply, load, and financial contracts.
- Perform technical and analytical functions in the areas of settlement, industry rulings, litigation support and contract administration to ensure accurate Direct Energy performance under its contractual agreements.
- Communicate directly with traders, operations, accounting, middle office, fuel departments, system operators, transmission owners, generation owners, and other DEB counterparties as required for assurance of operational excellence.
- Responsible for capturing all relevant team scheduling and trading in the appropriate systems.
- Create operational and financial reports as required.
- Assure all annual required training activities are satisfied.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability