Salary: Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Data Science Team @ Connected Home, Centrica.
What will you be up to
Reporting to the Head of Data Science, you will be actively involved in designing and developing pioneering data solutions.
You’ll be involved in algorithm design & development, data analysis & modelling, prototyping on large datasets and also some level of software development.
You’ll also possess practical statistical knowledge to be able to extract meaningful insights from data.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be
- Strong applied mathematics and engineering skills, ideally including:
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Statistics and probability
- Signal processing
- Software development skills at a level to be able to prototype algorithms and run models on large datasets (ideally Python & Jupyter notebook, …)
- Demonstrable work experience where you’ve applied data science
- Worked with developers/data engineers bringing data science into production
- Exposure to db and data technologies (our current stack includes MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Kafka and Spark)
- Educated to PhD level degree or have relevant work experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, being able to explain complex ideas and concepts to audiences from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Good user-level understanding of OS (ideally Linux)
- Excellent general problem solving abilities
- You’ll be enthusiastic, keen to solve problems and learn new skills
- Curious about data and data technology
- Persistent and thorough with strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a diverse, multi-skilled team
- Self-reliant and motivated, someone who will add value
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are. We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 4 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 500,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing Data Scientist R9920317 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.