Sr. Manager Pricing & Business Analytics
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Sr. Manager, Pricing & Business Analytics is responsible for the preparation of commercial metrics, pricing models and key performance indicators(KPI’s). In addition, this position is responsible, for product and channel analytics including, ROI, IRR, and LTV. This role is also responsible for the interpretation of these analytic and to identify trends towards making recommendations of process improvements, pricing or business needs
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience required in finance, economics or related field
- 15 – 20 Years’ Experience working with finance, pricing, operations metrics and decision support
- Preferred - At least 10 years’ experience working with pricing models, economic support calculations, decision support activity supporting a consumer service products
- Experience working with Crystal, oracle, and other database analytics
- Specific proven experience in analyzing data to identify business trends or gaps and subsequent solutions with impacts for business review
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining pricing models
- Extensive experience with new business modelling approaches and needed pro-forma analysis. New product, new channel or partnership analytics
- Proven success with directing debates and shaping outcomes
- Strong knowledge of energy and warranty industry
- Best in class finance acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications, particularly Word, Excel, Access, and Visio
- Proficient in Oracle SQL developer
- Thorough knowledge of economic and financial model methodologies
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority and influence decisions by presenting persuasive information
- Comfortable working with tight, firm deadlines for multiple demands
- Well-developed and creative problem solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Develop and implement commercial metrics.
- Develop and enhance product pricing models
- Develop reports to track and measure claims cost, including severity and frequency
- Review, audit, and summarize critical operational data to provide executive summaries with recommendations to the Commercial Director and VP & GM, Annuities.
- Ensure effective controls are developed and maintained and takes corrective action, as appropriate.
- Work directly with other departments - finance, accounting , strategy, M&A - to interpret requests, prioritizing tasks and develop needed analytics & economics. solutions.
- Automate key analytical processes to ensure consistency of run times and quality data
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation for key models
- Work collaboratively with all teams in an open and sharing environment
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability