HR Manager – 12 Months FTC
Salary Circa; Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
Location; Canal Street, Leeds
As the HR Manager you’ll work with the HR Partner of the respective Business Unit/Group Function and specialist experts in Shared Services to ensure that the functional plan for that Business Unit/Function is effectively executed.
What will you be doing
- Working with Shared Services to ensure delivery and effective execution of the functional plan
- Offer general advice, coaching, feedback and challenge where appropriate. Provide signposting for leaders/managers so that they receive appropriate support
- Ensure that ER (Employee relationsion’s) cases are referred to Shared Services and support HR Partner with resolution of the more sensitive and complex ER cases
- Contribute to capability assessment and work with Shared Services L&D team to ensure delivery
- Work with shared services to ensure delivery of resourcing, talent and succession plans
- Play an active role in assessment and selection for L5 roles (Head of) and provide some facilitation of talent/development board discussions
- Work with the relevant business lead and Shared Services to provide organisational design input and ensure that planned changes/reorganisations are implemented properly
- Ensure that the performance management process is rolled out across the business unit/function
- Ensure that reward programmes are rolled out across the business unit/function and support managers in making good reward decisions
- Collate workforce and functional performance insight and use proactively to identify issues for resolution
- Work with the HR Partner and Shared Services to ensure that milestones and plans are delivered for the business unit/function and that those plans align with the group agenda
- Provide insight regarding local market requirements to the HR Partner so that they can be taken into account
- Play an active role in ensuring that relevant legislative requirements are met, and contribute to the execution and governance of Centrica HR’s strategy and plans
- You’ll be credible and values driven person, who is able to deliver exceptional results
- Taking an enterprise-wide approach and is collaborative, adaptable and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations
- Able to understand detail, alongside complexity, and still deliver against strategic aims
- Skilled in matrix working
- Strong intellectual rigour and an appetite for professional development
- Commercial acumen and broad business understanding
- Able to work conceptually as well as having the focus to execute
- Track record of building successful, collaborative relationships quickly across all levels and business functions
- A skillful team player with the ability to network effectively up, down and across the organisation
- Strong communication skills; articulate, compelling, engaging and an inclusive manner
- Able to and comfortable providing strong feedback to people, both positive and developmental.
- Experience of working as HR Manager or HR Business Partner within a Matrix organisation
- A proven track record of converting strategy to action
- A demonstrable track record of translating vision, strategies and business requirements into clear, actionable goals and delivering excellent results and outcome
- A successful track record of operating commercially and executing plans effectively
- Experience of working with others to deliver exceptional results – strong collaborator
- Ability to contribute to the development of the overall function strategy and vision
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: HR Manager R9922025’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.