Senior Financial Accountant NA - New Technology
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Senior Financial Accountant – New Technology NA will focus on providing support to the Director, New Technology Financial Control to maintain an effective system of internal control to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial reporting for Connected Home in NA.
Working with the business teams and wider ES&S FC team, the Senior Financial Accountant – New Technology NA will facilitate interaction and knowledge transfer where required between the business and Finance Operations.
- Support the Director, New Technology Financial Control by leading the establishment of a robust monthly reporting process for Connected Home NA that is standardised, efficient, scalable, consistent, and integrated with Group reporting principles;
- Responsible for margin reporting within Connected Home NA, including providing revenue assurance for sales through internal and external channels, and the management of internal cross-charges across borders;
- Responsible for opex postings and balance sheet reporting within Connected Home NA, providing assurance across the balance sheet. Lead the monthly balance sheet reconciliation and analytical review process;
- Develop deep and effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business, Finance Partnering teams and FP&A, ensuring accounting risks and opportunities are understood and communicated. Have the business and finance knowledge to efficiently facilitate interchange between the business and Finance Operations;
- Ownership of the cash reconciliations and monthly USD intra-group cash transfer arrangements with Connected Home UK, to ensure the natural USD:GBP hedge is maintained across our procurement activities. Ownership of US-UK intercompany position and reconciliation;
- Regularly carry out non-standard / bespoke analysis and project work to support business decision making and to align global Connected Home processes;
- Develop and maintain relationships with the external auditors, and act as the day-to-day contact for audit queries across the Year End and Interims audit. Lead the statutory and regulatory reporting processes in for Connected Home NA;
- Ownership of month-end controls process and standardisation, maintaining a relentless focus on an efficient system of internal controls, striving for continual improvement and identifying weaknesses in a rapidly growing and developing environment.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks in a high-pressure dynamic and rapidly-changing environment, and engage resource across the business and finance to deliver work to tight deadlines;
- A strong communicator and stakeholder-manager who is comfortable pro-actively developing positive and highly effective working relationships across a wide range of stakeholders throughout the business and finance including senior management within the corporate centre ;
- A Qualified Accountant comfortable dealing with technical accounting matters, and engaging tax, legal and other subject matter experts in dealing with often complex and unusual transactions or acquisitions;
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to provide check and challenge to the business in their decision making in an effective and constructive manner;
- Working knowledge and experience of the audit process.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text