UKFO Benefits Realisation Manager
The Field Optimisation team will look from one end of UK Field Operations (UKFO) to the other identifying and realising opportunities to unlock the full potential of our 15,000 strong field force to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
The Field Optimisation team will place a strong focus on how we can drive efficiencies – how do we remove obstacles to facilitate our engineers doing a brilliant job and how can we be more effective and give our people the tools and support they need to get the job done better.
The UKFO Benefits Realisation Manager will support the maintenance of a uniformed approach to project management benefits tracking and realisation. The role tracks delivery plans within UKFO Business Readiness to ensure the overall UKFO Change Plan and individual initiatives within this, deliver the anticipated benefits with risks escalated and mitigation plans put in place as needed
This role is based in our Staines office
- Accountable for the high level benefits tracking across the UKFO Change Plan & linking in with relevant finance partners & central change to ensure tracking & Operational Plan requirements are captured & tracked
- Create and own the benefit tracking methodology for Business Readiness, linking in with all relevant project owners to ensure an accurate view of progress against plan & to identify & escalate emerging risks to the plan
- Maximise return on investment by ensuring the change is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the business case
- Link with key delivery teams across Business Readiness to ensure headline programme areas have a shared view of the benefits roadmap in creating the ‘future state’ strategic blueprint
- Establish and own the benefits realisation reporting process
- Continuously monitor and report portfolio, programme and project benefit realisation plans to ensure progress against benefit review schedules
- Manage resource and financial profiles for each project (i.e. forecast spend vs actual)
- Define /agree project metrics and KPIs (to monitor cost, time, quality, resource and risk)
- Support Business Readiness Managers and Delivery Leads to complete Post Implementation review
- Benefits tracking
- Confidence in challenging a business case, financially savvy and commercially astute
- Experience in thorough commercial opportunity evaluation
- Excellent Analytical ability
- Commercial acumen
- Subject matter expertise on business readiness
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Ability to present complex information in simple & engaging ways to enable clear decision making
- Comfortable working at a rapid pace with changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure, performance focussed environment
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Displays an on going commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Extensive experience of developing complex business cases across multiple product categories
- Recent financial experience
- Experience of the development/implementation of benefits management strategies, techniques, processes and tools
- Experience of cost benefit analysis methods, benefit mapping and benefit profiling tools
- Prioritisation and coordination skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines under pressure
- Great problem solving skills Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in utilising Microsoft Office applications including excel , access, powerpoint, word and outlook
- Educated to degree level Certifications
- Finance qualifications desirable
Salary up to £43,000 plus bonus and extensive benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: UKFO Benefits Realisation Manager R9915807’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.